• Report: #720354

• Updated: Thu, April 21, 2011

• Reported By: Robert — Everett Pennsylvania United States of America
Winners Readers Service
PO Box 35695 Phoenix, Arizona United States of America

Winners Readers Service is sending me bills for accounts I never even signed up for. Phoenix, Arizona

It all started years ago around the year 2000. I subscribed to a number of magazines through the Winners Readers Service, with ONE account. I charged it to my Visa card. About three months later I was going through my statement and the Winners Readers Service was listed 3 times. I contacted them and they told me that I has three different accounts instead of just one. I asked them how this happened and they said that I had personally set up the two other accounts.

Not being able to prove my claim that I did not set up the two other accounts, I had to set it out until the services ran out. That was when the phone calls started. They called me about being entitled to a bonus period at the end of my paid up account. They told me that when I got the bonus period that they would not call me again. I agreed to the bonus period for the accounts in the belief that I would finally get them out of my hair. I have gotten nearly 20 calls from them about the bonus period. See, what they did, they told me that they sent a card to me about the bonus period. Of course, I never got these cards that they spoke of.

I recently cancelled my credit card. (Couldn't handle the interest rates) About three months after I did, I began getting bills in the mail from WRS. I found it interesting that I was getting calls about bonus periods at the end of my PAID accounts, and I was getting bills in the mail. I recently tried to call them, but the voice machine was completely different than any I have heard. It was like they did not want to talk to me at all. Incedently, the bills stated that the past due amount was more than the total amount due. That makes no sense to me. I will try to contact them again. If they say anything about these bills that does not add up, I will contact the Better Business Bureau. I have learned that you have to have substantial evidence of wrong doing for the Bureau to be able to do anything. I did contact them before when the phone calls started, but what I was contacting them about was a misunderstanding on my part.

I really wish that I had not even hear of the Winners Readers Service. They have conived a lot of money out of me from the two accounts that I know that I never opened. So, to whoever reads this, if anyone contacts you saying they are from the Winners Readers Service from Phoenix, AZ; do yourself a favor, hang up.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/21/2011 10:53 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Winners-Readers-Service/Phoenix-Arizona-85069/Winners-Readers-Service-is-sending-me-bills-for-accounts-I-never-even-signed-up-for-Phoe-720354. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Winners Readers Service