- Report: #859599
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: wirefly
wirefly10790 Parkridge Boulevard reston, Virginia United States of America
wirefly misrepresentation cost me $$$$ reston, Virginia
*UPDATE Employee: Your Wirefly Order
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
1. i signed up for unlimited texting but whatever they sent to verizon said 1000 minutes. i was charged $127 in overage fees my first month.
2. all three phones on the wirefly site were listed as "free activation" but verizon billed me $35 per line. verizon said i need to go through wirefly. wirefly first said they dont offer free activation, but another rep said they used to . now they have a $35 prepaid visa card for each eligible line. robert at wirefly said he could see that when i signed up they did have the free activation in place but that verizon is responsible for that. he said wirefly doesnt just offer things like that to get customers. so i asked who isoffering or paying for the giftcards they now give and he said wirefly. this one cost me $105 . i placed my order through "alvin" using the chat window. i copy and pasted the conversation into an email and sent it to myself. alvin clearly answered "yes, activation is free" on the chat.
3. i wanted a good phone for my daughter, but didnt need a data package. alvin directed me to the LG enlighten. i bought it. i signed up for the data plan on the other two phones, but not hers. turned out it does require a data plan, so what they sent to verizon had her signed up for the corporate package, at $45 per month, $15 more than the regular package. i was able to change that to a $30 package which i am locked in to for 2 years. $45 the first month, $30 for 23 months.
in total i am out over $900 due to wireflys errors.
i got nowhere with 2 phone calls, an email, and another call to a supervisor.
i still have the copy of my conversation with alvin in the chat window.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/26/2012 02:39 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/wirefly/reston-Virginia-20191/wirefly-misrepresentation-cost-me-reston-Virginia-859599. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.