Complaint Review: Wirefly

• Updated: Fri, December 16, 2011

• Reported By: colby — arlington Texas United States of America
Wirefly
reston, Virginia United States of America

Wirefly Wirefly is a SCAM!!! With the ability to change a phone plan on you and then charge you as a breach of contract. reston, Virginia

Here's the story:Purchased a new phone and 2 year phone contract through Wirefly for my Grandmother.  At the time she had a 1000 minute family plan.  With my grandfathers passing she no longer needed the family plan so we purchased a 500 minute classic plan.  Even though i have physical proof that we purchased a 500 minute classic plan, Wirefly defaulted the plan back to a family plan.  Wirefly then asked for a death certificate to prove my grandfathers
death which I provided.  It didn't make a difference.

The escalation team "supposedly" looked at this several times.   Somehow I don't think that this happened.

Not only did my grandmother not get the plan that she wanted (they reverted her back to the family plan), Wirefly charged her $400 for the balance of changing the plan ---- which she did not do.

Wirefly proposes all of these fantastic deals on phones and plans.  They messed up and my grandmother got screwed.  I caught them several times stating things that didnt happen.  I have physical paper proof that they messed up.  It still didn't matter.  STAY AWAY - STAY VERY FAR AWAY.

I am a 40 year old business executive - it is hard for me to believe that there  are still business out there that conduct business this way.

I will be telling everyone I know - every blog  I can think of to stay away from this company.  (this is the 5th blog today)

Messing with my Grandmother will cost them way more than the $400 that they
charged her.

C.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/16/2011 01:31 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Wirefly/reston-Virginia-/Wirefly-Wirefly-is-a-SCAM-With-the-ability-to-change-a-phone-plan-on-you-and-then-char-810365. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Wirefly