receives

• Updated: Mon, August 12, 2013

• Reported By: Eric — Baltimore Maryland
Wirefly
10790 Parkridge Boulevard Reston, Virginia USA

Wirefly Simplexity Wirefly porting issues to Verizon causes $400.00 fee to be levied on me. Reston Virginia

I purchased a phone from Wirefly on June 10, 2013. The phone came with a sim card that was married to a phone number they created, not the number I was porting to Verizon. Instructions in the box explained the porting process and I followed them explicitly. The porting would not work. I was told by Verizon to take the phone to a Verizon company store and they would port my old phone number and activate the phone. I did this. I then received two phone bills. I called verizon and they told me I had two accounts which they corrected by cancelling the unusable account from Wirefly. I now receive a letter from Simplexity the collection agency for Wirefly wanting $400.00 for the cancelled service. I did nothing wrong and they are taking $400.00 from me on the credit card I used to purchase the phone online. If the phone would have been able to port and not locked to another phone number when I received it I would not have had to go to a store to get the porting to work. I believe that this constitutes a fraud because they are holding me responsible for a contract that they couldn't execute because of the way the phone was supplied. I also believe they are profiting from there methods. They have collected money from me for the purchase of the phone, plus $400.00 as a fee for cancelling the service that didn't work. I have been truly ripped off.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/12/2013 08:05 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Wirefly/Reston-Virginia-20191/Wirefly-Simplexity-Wirefly-porting-issues-to-Verizon-causes-40000-fee-to-be-levied-on-1075270. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Wirefly