Complaint Review: wjxr the bargain channel

• Submitted: Thu, March 21, 2013
  • Updated: Thu, March 21, 2013

• Reported By: craig — st augustine Florida
wjxr the bargain channel
3950 Confederate Pt. rd. Jacksonville, Florida Jacksonville, Florida United States of America

wjxr the bargain channel Greg and Sarah and Avery Perich plus Doug Rudowich Stealing from old folks and cancer patients Jacksonville , Florida

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: I made the biggest mistake of my life!

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. --There is a radio station in Jacksonville that does nothing but broadcast bargain basement deals. But one of their sales people told First Coast News that he got ripped off for everything he had.

"I was known on the air as Doc G," said Gerald Robison. For two years, Dr. Gerald Robison, aka Doc G was one of the most profitable hosts on bargain radio WJXR 92.1.If you haven't heard of it, think QVC for radio listeners. Robison would buy iPods, computers and vacation deals in bulk and then offer them at a discount to callers.

"We would bring a great bargain to the listener, and then the radio station and I would split the profit," Robison said.
Robison would buy the goods with his own money but use the station airwaves to sell them.So he made his money back and station management got a cut.But two years in to the deal, Robison says it started to sour.

According to dozens of emails and spreadsheets that he saved over the years, the radio station got behind and expected Doc G to make up the difference."I got checks that said 'hold this for a week,' and 'hold that for another week,' and they had all kinds of excuses.

If things were getting bad for Doc G professionally, they were worse personally. He was diagnosed with tongue cancer and pneumonia.The day he went in for emergency surgery to remove part of his tongue, the payments from the radio station stopped coming all together, but he said they kept selling his goods.

"Overwhelming. Then to know what it does to my wife, who had to face not only my sickness, but then the medical bills, and to be treated like this ... " he said.

Over the past few months, the radio station has not returned any of First Coast News' calls for comment.

In a written response to Doc G's lawyer, the station argues there was no written contract, so they don't owe him the money.But they've hardly communicated with his lawyer either.

"They have been unresponsive, other than to file the motions at the last possible minute. So that's where we're at right now, the lawsuit is ramping up and getting under way," said Attorney Matt Havice.

Havice is representing the Robisons in a civil lawsuit against the station for breach of contract, unjust enrichment and civil theft.

According to Robison's records, he's in the hole for more than $70,000 in goods he bought and the station sold without his permission.

As the complaint makes its way to trial, the Robisons are just trying to keep their heads above water.

"My wife likes to joke with me, she says, 'you're on your way in to surgery, and you're on the computer, you're on the gurney and you're typing to pay the next bill,' and we didn't have money to pay those things," Robison said.

He said his credit card bills are well past due. He bought the deals to sell on the radio with credit.Emails between he and the station owner value those goods at $82,000 dollars.The station paid $12,000 of that debt, but the other $70,000 is racking up interest on Doc G's cards. "Essentially, every day they waste, more money is tacked on to what they're seeking," Havice said. But Doc G says more than anything, he wants an apology.

He said he gave bargain radio station every bargain they asked for for the past two years, and now, they won't give him a thing in return.

"I've never wanted more than what was mine, I only want what's mine, and I feel like all I've ever done is make money for this man, that's all."

First Coast News

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/21/2013 05:24 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/wjxr-the-bargain-channel/Jacksonville-Florida-32207/wjxr-the-bargain-channel-Greg-and-Sarah-and-Avery-Perich-plus-Doug-Rudowich-Stealing-from-1036853. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on wjxr the bargain channel

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

I made the biggest mistake of my life!

AUTHOR: Craig Oates - ()

My name is Craig Oates and I made a huge mistake. I fil ed a report in September2012 that wasn't at all accurate. I had the best job Ever and I screwed it up Big time! Sometimes in life we have all made hasty decisions. Some things went wrong at WJXR 92.1 TM The Bargain Channel where i was a host and I made a hasty report that i would like to retract. First and foremost i include Doug Rudowich in my report and he did absolutely nothing wrong. There were consequences for Doug and his family they i could not have foreseen. DOUG is a Scout Master and shares his life with his two sons and wife. One day recently Drugs sons searched their fathers name on the internet and the negative ad that i ran is what came up. His sons had friends over and a certain amount of embarrassment came along with it. I feel terible. He and his family did not deserve what i did.. don't believe everything you read online. I learned alot! Learn from my mistake so that you don't hurt innocent people.