Complaint Review: WLI Reservation Rewards

• Submitted: Thu, September 06, 2007
  • Updated: Sun, December 02, 2007

• Reported By:Pinellas Park Florida
WLI Reservation Rewards
P.O. Box 855 Shelton, Connecticut U.S.A.

WLI Reservation Rewards I just wanted to check out Classmates.com and got taken for a ride Shelton Connecticut

*Consumer Comment: That free offer...

*Consumer Comment: CM contact (unitedonline)

I recently signed up for Classmates.com membership online. During the process I got some popup about some free offer, which I clicked. About a month later I see a charge on my credit card for WLI Reservation Rewards. Come to find out that the offer was actually for a free 30 days, after which they start charging you.

I called them, and they said that they emailed me notifications, but I never saw anything....can you say SPAM? Well, they were more than happy to cancel the 'membership', but no way was I getting any money back. Great scam.

If even 1/3 of the people who purchase from classmates.com select YES for this 'offer', get billed for a month, cancel - and incidentally never used the dumb service, whatever it is, (to this day I have no idea), they are making a pretty penny!

I've heard the same issue from people who purchase via Expedia.com. These companies need to be more careful of the companies they affiliate with. These scams give reputable online retailers a bad name. I plan to write to classmates.com and let them know that, because of this, I am cancelling my classmates membership.

Kris
Pinellas Park, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/06/2007 10:09 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/WLI-Reservation-Rewards/Shelton-Connecticut-06484/WLI-Reservation-Rewards-I-just-wanted-to-check-out-Classmatescom-and-got-taken-for-a-ride-272764. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on WLI Reservation Rewards

That free offer...

AUTHOR: Striderq - (U.S.A.)

If you had read the details about that free offer you would have found out that if you didn't cancel within so many days (I believe it's 7-10) that you are subscribing to their service and authorizing the fees to be charged. I know that you may not have understood that you were saying yes, but it's in your best interest to know what you're saying yes to.

CM contact (unitedonline)

AUTHOR: Stewart - (U.S.A.)

Classmates.com (subsidiary of United Online)

United Online contacts with email addresses are:

Elizabeth Gengl
Senior Vice President, Corporate Communications
PR Hotline Number - (818) 287-3034
pr@untd.com

Scott Matulis
Vice President, Corporate Communications
PR Hotline Number - (818) 287-3034
pr@untd.com

United Online also owns NetZero, Juno, and other businesses.