Complaint Review: WOArewards.com, World Of America Online Store

• Submitted: Mon, March 06, 2006
  • Updated: Thu, March 30, 2006

• Reported By:McFarland Wisconsin
WOArewards.com, World Of America Online Store
3280 Sunrise Highway #400 Wantagh, New York U.S.A.

WOArewards.com, World Of America Online Store, Free Shopping Spree, RipOff, Scam, Company Sells Nothing but JUNK Wantagh New York

*Consumer Comment: Wow, Mike...

*Consumer Comment: I also received a WOA REWARDS $1000

I recently received a scratch-off ticket from a local car dealership. The ticket said if you scratch off three like amounts, you win that amount to go on an online shopping spree. After scratching off three $1,000 amounts on the ticket, I called the dealership to get details and went there to pick up the actual certificate for the online shopping spree the next day. They told me the only catch was I would be responsible for shipping and handling costs of what I ordered from this website.

The certificate had a passcode and stated that it was good for $1,000 at the World of America online store (S+H NOT included). It said to go to www.woarewards.com to shop. When I got home, I immediately went to their website to see what kind of things they sold. After looking at pretty much everything they had to offer, I didn't know whether to laugh or be upset!

I wanted to laugh because the quality of their items is comparable to that of a garage sale or liquidators store and the prices for their JUNK is WAY overinflated. You would NOT find ANY of the items they sell at a reputable, high quality store (online or a physical store). It is all JUNK. I wouldn't pay a penny for anything on this website!

Okay, so at this point I figure if I don't like the items, maybe someone else will. So I decided to try to sell the certificate at the popular online auction website for a couple hundred bucks, thinking at that point hey, I could use the money and maybe someone could really use some of the items WOA sells and I'll be giving them a deal. Well, after doing some more online research on this whole WOA shopping spree thing, I came across several complaints about it, people stating that this store has junk and they profit off of the high shipping & handling costs and it's their way of making a profit off of the low quality stuff they sell and that the company won't respond to inquiries by customers, I immediately ended my listing of trying to sell the certificate because I realized that this WAS in fact a rip-off and I refuse to do that to anyone. I put the certificate into my paper shredder and needless to say, it is now gone I am happy to say!

This has been my experience and I hope it will somehow help others who are sucked into this "shopping spree winner" scam. And if you happen to be a "lucky" winner of it, PLEASE don't try to profit off of selling the certificate to some poor unknowing person because you'll just be ripping them off.

The old saying never fails: If it seems too good to be true, it usually is!

Christine
McFarland, Wisconsin

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/06/2006 10:03 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/WOArewardscom-World-Of-America-Online-Store/Wantagh-New-York-11793/WOArewardscom-World-Of-America-Online-Store-Free-Shopping-Spree-RipOff-Scam-Company-179510. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on WOArewards.com, World Of America Online Store

Wow, Mike...

AUTHOR: Emily - (U.S.A.)

Did anyone else notice that Mike from Hawaii's comments sounded a little rehearsed?
Michael: next time you're going to pretend NOT to be an employee or otherwise affiliated with this massive rip-off, you might try to make it sound a little less forced. That was one of the least convincing so-called "rebuttals" I've ever read.
Did WOA pay you to make your endorsement post?

#2 REBUTTAL Individual responds

AUTHOR: J - (U.S.A.)

do not listen to these lies of the rebutal. I currently have an unsettled dispute with the BBB. They violate several aspects of the consumer protection act. Also the attorney general in NY has recieved complaints. I should know I sent one. anyone who is at a 5th grade math level can figure this scam out.
The complaint is how the product is being sold.

1)They offer a shopping spree which it is not. The certificate only cost a $1.00 and has no value.

2)They offset the cost of the actual product in the shipping and handling making the appearance of a shopping spree. So consumer actually is paying the same (+- a small amount)

3)List the MSRP of old products for the certificate that are no longer sold for that amount by any reputable so that when the P&D chart is used you get the money for the product sold today.

main one they violate in Michigan:

z) Charging the consumer a price that is grossly in excess of the price at which similar property or services are sold.

They have a price listed which is grossly in excess of similar online and local stores.

Example: they have a Hamilton beach 500 watt blender. Model 53430 listed our price*: 169.95/listed through home depot $39.99 (price as of 08august2005)

The online store for Hamilton beach $59.99 (price as of 10mar06)

This is the listed price. With WOA at almost 3 times more at one store and over 3 times more at another.

processing and delivary is about $52.95 about the same price you would pay without certificate

#3 REBUTTAL Individual responds

#4 REBUTTAL Individual responds

#5 REBUTTAL Individual responds

I also received a WOA REWARDS $1000

AUTHOR: Mike - (U.S.A.)

I received a $1000 certificate from ADT and I read everything on this site and everyone sounds afraid to try the offer. I went to the woarewards site put in my passcode and purchased a $500 grocery offer that my wife and daughter have now used at our local supermarket to save $500 off our groceries. We purchased a family dental plan for 2006 that cost $14 and we had been paying $268 for the same service. We also purchased a Coby Electronic Security Monitor for the Baby's bedroom and that was priceless at a cost of less than 1/4 what Sears wants. I suggest those of you that have these offers to stop listining to the people that never used theirs and just try it yourself. WOA offers 100% money back on their products. The Attorney General in NY has never received a complaint and the BBB reports that every complaint they received was answered and taken care of. Most complaints were of the nature found here. Never tried it but want to complain.