Complaint Review: wolfhuskypups

• Updated: Wed, March 06, 2013

• Reported By: United States of America
wolfhuskypups
Internet, Utah United States of America

wolfhuskypups wolfhuskypups.com, Kimberly Ball Hostile, Disreputable Breeder/Broker Selling Genetically Damaged & Ill Animals Internet, Utah

*Author of original report: Response to "I am one of these breeders"

*UPDATE Employee ..inside information: I am one of these breeders.

In 2007 I purchased a supposed high content puppy hybrid from wolfhuskypups.com.  High Desert Wolves, CA was the breeder.  My puppy arrived with Coccidia, a highly contagious parisite that spreads like wildfire.  It cost me hundreds of dollars in vet bills to treat the puppy and all of the other animals in my home who were exposed.

When my puppy was less than 6 months old, one of her legs popped out of socket while she was walking.  An x-ray at the emergency animal hospital showed that she had the most severe form of genetic hip dysplasia.  I paid thousands of dollars for my puppy to have a double hip reconstruction as the only other option was euthanasia.

Kimberly Ball (owner and website administrator for wolfhuskypups.com) was absolutely hostile about the matter and spoke to me as though I had caused both of these problems.  She tried to demand that I give my puppy back to her so that she could kill the puppy, even though I never even asked for a refund of my money.  I contacted her only to make her aware of the condition of the puppy so that other's could avoid these same problems.  If you are wondering, this particular puppy came from High Desert Wolves in California.

One other thing... expensive genetic testing revealed that my dog has no wolf content whatsoever, but rather is a German Shephard, Great Pyrenees, Husky, Standard Poodle Mix.

Beware of this unethical Breeder/Broker and her associates.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/06/2013 05:56 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/wolfhuskypups/Internet-Utah-/wolfhuskypups-wolfhuskypupscom-Kimberly-Ball-Hostile-Disreputable-BreederBroker-Sellin-1024678. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on wolfhuskypups

Response to "I am one of these breeders"

AUTHOR: Akasha - ()

I am the original writer of the complaint posted here and I read the rebuttal of February 19, 2014 entitled "I am one of these breeders" wherein the writer states "I herd of this coccidia incident.  I know for a fact that the man who purchased this puppy did the number one thing any breeder or vet tells a puppy owner.  He took it to a puppy park and set it on the ground multiple times"...

I have this to say:  I am not a man, nor was my puppy ever present in any dog park at any time.  What was written is either just a made up story designed to discredit my report or the author just plain guessed wrong about who they thought had filed the report.  The latter would be quite understandable since there are numerous complaints filed on this site and on sites all over the web by various individuals who all reported coccidia or other other more serious health issues with thier puppies obtained from wolfhuskypups.com.

I am additionally disgusted by the fact that the breeder stated "...hip problems are common for this particular breed" as though this is an acceptable thing to have been bred into my puppy.  Reputible breeders do major screenings for health problems within their lines, they don't make statements that major health problems are just a common occurrence in the dogs they breed.  When I asked for proof of health screenings (obviously too late) I was told that they had occurred, but was denied any documentation about it.  I was even denied the name of the vetrinary care provider of the breeder.  I've spent more than $10,000 on medical care for my dog over 6 years, all of which could all have been avoided through proper breeding.  It's my hope that others can avoid the same misfortune by knowing about the perils of purchasing puppies from this internet clearinghouse.

The author of "I am one of these breeders" defends the actions of wolfhuskypups, while also stating that he or she also has issues with Kim and the way she does business as wolfhuskypups.com.  To this person, I ask: why would any good breeder send a puppy to someone they have never even spoken with?  Is making a quick buck so important that you would potentially put a puppy in harms way?  I've taken excellent care of a dog who came to me as a puppy in very poor health and with major genetic issues.  I spent thousands to have those issues corrected so that this baby could have a happy life.  It seems to me that your defense of wolfhuskypups.com might be just a little misplaced.

My heart continues to go out to all of the poor puppies who are the little innocent victims here.  They deserve so much better.

#2 UPDATE Employee ..inside information

I am one of these breeders.

AUTHOR: actualbreeder - ()

I herd of this Coccidia incident. I know for a fact that the man who purchased this puppy did the number one thing any breeder or vet tells a puppy owner. He took it to a puppy park and set it on the ground multiple times. Puppies are susceptible to all sorts of things when they leave home. None of the other puppies in the litter tested positive for this health problem. And treatment for this parasite is around 12$ when caught at a normal time. Go ahead, look it up or ask any vet. This man did not take the puppy to the vet or even call the breeder until 5 to 6 days after the puppy had stopped eating or drinking anything and had blood stool for like 3 days.

By the time he did take it to the vet, the puppy was so badly dehydrated and sick that it was too far gone. I have no idea how the emails between you and kim went, but I was told that the man called her demanding his money back and that he wanted another puppy to replace it. Nowhere was the puppy asked to be returned and killed. That’s just ridiculous. If it was me, I wouldn’t give this man another puppy from my stock. This was a case of poor owner handling on his part. I am not 100% positive of the nature of emails exchanged between Kim and yourself however. Nor do I know anything about this puppy with hip problems, but when your look up the breed’s common health problems or even ask a vet. Hip problems are common for this particular breed.

I am an actual breeder that works only with this website (wolfhuskypup.com) which is run by a woman named Kim. I am one of many of the wolf-hybrid breeder that are her clients. Most of the complaints that you all are making a true or understandable; I am just as dissatisfied with the way she has conducted business with me. However, she has done a remarkable job at cornering the market for the advertisement and marketing of the puppies that we breeders are trying to sell to good homes. She pays top dollar for the top slots in google and other search engines. She books the flights and tell the breeder which dog to put on which plain.

She is the only one who has communication with the other breeders and most of the buyers. She does not let them really even talk to each other or have any contact info. This is why most the time when a buyer gets their puppy, they know little to nothing about what kind of people raised and loved it until then. This bothers me in the fact that I wish I could have more contact with the other breeders and clients to get to know what kind of home I’m sending my babies to. We breeders really can't even be sure that she is not jacking up the price to the buyers and pocketing more than she is letting on. She literally gets pictures, names and descriptions of these puppies and tell us what she sold it for and sends us money via PayPal.

We occasionally get to meet the people we are sending are puppies to if they need to pick it up or have us meet them to deliver it, but that is very rarely. She also asks for about a $500-$600 profit per puppy that she markets, lists on the site and sells. She is even smart with the way she has redirected and explained any questions from breeders on why the money for the puppies is late or just plan missing. She has had several problems with owing breeders money because of poor business conduct and decisions. I will say at least by what she has told me, that this is due to other breeders not coming thru with puppies or screwing her.

She has tried to make this up by moving money here & there and saying "ill owe you one" or "I’ll give you a puppy for your breeding stock to make up for it." I really just wish there was another person out there who I could move the business of marketing my puppies to and that could compete with her. Just a smarter business partner that would make wiser decisions and whose actions were not so shady. So for future buyers out there, if you really want to be in contact to where your puppy is coming from, pressure her back to give you and email or even a Facebook page (most REAL breeders will have a Kennel name and website of their own) I apologize for these dissatisfaction with the behavior of the websites runner and share in your frustration.

However, I will not say that selling the puppies for the current listing prices is wrong. Besides the fact that the breeder do this for a living, I can say for sure that the money I (and some other breeders in know personally) earn gets put back into taking care of the dogs welfare and happiness. Also, it is often better for the puppies’ futures to sell to puppies for a stepper price than wolf hybrids you find breeding in their back yards without really knowing what they’re doing or taking proper care of the animal’s livelihood.

Not to mention the amount of complaints of people getting ripped off and receiving an unhealthy and unhappy animal. This necessary price often insures that the decision to own a wolf hybrid is not a quick and ephemeral one. We want the future owners to be serious and capable of providing anything the puppy may need and not just decide they are too hard to handle and throw then in a pound like so many other poor wolf hybrids today. We find people are making a serious life time commitment when they spend that much. Like an engagement ring, you better be serious & sure before that put the money down for it.

And many times people who are looking for a wolf hybrid are wanting one for all the wrong reasons. It is NOT a regular dog and requires more attentions, love, food and care then a regular domesticated dog. The price and screening process tends to weed out more of these kinds of people looking for a cool new puppy to brag about. So I can confidently say I truly want what is  best for my animals and puppies; and sadly that the poor business attitude of wolfhuskypups.com is necessary and tolerated by a lot of wonderful breeders in order to place these beautiful puppies in a happy and health forever home.