Complaint Review: Womens Workout

• Updated: Wed, May 21, 2014

• Reported By: Sandra — Hometown Illinois
Womens Workout
Hometown, Illinois USA

Womens Workout Shari Whitley Womens Workout World Rip OFF!! Thieves Hometown Illinois

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Response: Club did Not Abruptly Close/Refunds were Given

Shari Whitley and Womens Workout I want my money back !!!!!!!!!!!

I just found out the club I joined closed down with NO NOTICE!!!! I am still being charged and there is no club while you drive around in your fancy car. Thats my money bought you that car.

What kind of scam is this? All your clubs are closing down and you are ripping people off. These clubs are so digusting and I wish I never joined your 1970's, outdated joke of a place you call a fitness club. Have you ever been to a real club like LA Fitness or Blast? Blast and LA keep opening clubs and you keep closing them. What does that say?

I got presurred into joining this place, never got any help and stopped going. Now when I want to go its closed!!! And why is there no information on your website? And why does your other club say to call the office and not tell me whats going on? And why does nobody answer at your office? And how many other locations do you plan on closing without telling anybody?

I pretty sure nobody joins your clubs anymore but if they do they should do their research on your terrible company.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/21/2014 04:08 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Womens-Workout/Hometown-Illinois-40456/Womens-Workout-Shari-Whitley-Womens-Workout-World-Rip-OFF-Thieves-Hometown-Illinois-1148672. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Womens Workout

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Response: Club did Not Abruptly Close/Refunds were Given

AUTHOR: WWW - (USA)

Dear Sandra,

This is in response to your complaint dated May 2014.  We are truly sorry you feel the way you do and would love to look into this and solve the problem for you, however we have no idea who you are and cannot find anything in our files.  All refund request for the Hometown location have been refunded and we have no one on record by the name of Sandra ever having requested one.  Therefore we wish to offer this response.

It’s not unusual for a business to close or relocate, especially one that has been in existence for 25 years. We closed that location for a number of reasons: changing market, economic downturn affecting the area, escalating rents and membership base not willing to embrace the changing trends of the fitness industry.  With that said, we gave our members several months warning that the club would be closing.  We gave them the option of relocating to any our existing locations with an additional 6 months free.  Two of these locations were within 1 ½ miles and 4 miles of the Hometown location.  Also, even though not required to, we offered refunds to any member that did not want to relocate.  Members were given forms to fill out stating their request.  Members were contacted by email constantly and kept updated with any changing information. Transfers were made immediately upon closing and refunds were made over the next 60 days.

We are truly sorry that you somehow seem to have fallen through the cracks.  We are not perfect and sometimes fall short, but it is my opinion that you were not actively using the club and obviously we did not have updated information on you or you would have known about the closing and that we did not abruptly close down.

We are not difficult to get ahold of.  All information as to how to reach customer service is posted on our website.  If you wish to contact us, please check our website for information and send us your full contact information. We will get back to you immediately. If you are owed a refund, it will be mailed immediately.