Complaint Review: Wonder Lake Police Department

• Updated: Mon, June 24, 2013

• Reported By: A Businessman — Beaver Dam Wisconsin
Wonder Lake Police Department
4444 Thompson Road Wonder Lake, Illinois USA

Wonder Lake Police Department To protect and to Serve? Nay, To Harass and to Generate Revenue Wonder Lake Illinois

So, in my exploring of over 50 people's experiences with the Wonder Lake Illinois Police Department, I had not a single positive comment.

Not one. In over 50 people.

I did hear story after story of being hassled, harassed, followed for miles, etc.

What has become of what once was a quiet place to live and raise children? Quite frankly, a POLICE STATE. The Wonder Lake Police harass and harrangue even people that are doing nothing wrong. Case in point:

I was pulled over for driving after 2 AM. Of course, that's not what the "Officer" said. He said I was driving "Erratically" and that I "Almost crossed the center line 4 times." I'm sure that if I did it was because he followed me so closely I could not see his lights or his tail lights in my mirror. It also happened to be the day after Thanksgiving and I had a vehicle with out of state plates. [continued below]....

..... It went like this:

After following me from Wonder Center to the boundary of the Village of Wonder Lake 6 inches off of my bumber, he turned his lights on.

"What's the problem, officer?"

"License and registration."

"Officer, is there a problem?"

"I said LICENSE AND REGISTRATION. You were driving erratically."

"Oh. Sorry. Define "Erratically" ...then the above. Now, he also stuck his head into my window and asked if I had been drinking. I said yes. How much? 3 glasses of wine. How long ago? 9 hours. I saw where this was going, said I would waive a field sobriety test, and would happily blow for BAC. He then tried to save his "Bust" by asking, "I'm just trying to figure out why you were driving the way you were- were you texting or talking on the phone? (Obviously he thought that being from out of state I wouldn't know that texting is illegal in IL and might "take the bait" and say I was texting...) Then he said I was getting a ticket for Erratic Driving!

I looked in the mirror and realized that HE HAD BACKUP COME TO THE SCHENE (for those that don't know, DUI stops frequently call for backup.)

When he came up to the car, he had 2 tickets. Said no registration sticker and asked me where is was-- did I put it on another car???!! This guy must deal with some real morons. 2 tickets, mandatory appearance. SHowed up to court, he didn't. My attorney Railed the WL attorney who must have been at LEAST 12 or so. I swear he didn't have to shave. One ticket thrown out. The other 30 days supervision fine and "court costs."

So, they got their money. And continue to harrass. They are unprofessional. They are certainly the bottom level of police. They do not protect and serve.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/24/2013 02:24 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Wonder-Lake-Police-Department/Wonder-Lake-Illinois-60097/Wonder-Lake-Police-Department-To-protect-and-to-Serve-Nay-To-Harass-and-to-Generate-Re-1061701. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Wonder Lake Police Department