Complaint Review: woodforest national bank

• Updated: Tue, November 22, 2011

• Reported By: j9keely — Arvada Colorado United States of America
woodforest national bank
PO BOX 8339 The Woodlands, Texas United States of America

woodforest national bank MANIPULATED, UNINFORMED, WITHDREW $2400 FROM ACCOUNT WITHOUT NOTIFYING ME, THREATENING TO REPORT TO CREDIT BUREAU FOR NON-PAYMENT OF FUNDS I DO NOT OWE THEM, CONTRACTING SEVERAL COLLECTIONS AGENCIES T The Woodlands, Texas

I was contacted by this bank's credit card processing company (Merchant Services USA) and coerced to sign a contract of 3 years.

I did not see the terms of agreement (they report it's on a website) nor did they send me a copy of the terms in the mail.

I asked the representative if this was a term contract and he said no. I asked if there was any other paperwork I needed to look over and he said no.

So not only did they send me a TOP OF THE LINE Credit card Machine (dinosaur aged) they continually made it difficult to cancel my services with them. It took several months, talking to different people, several emails, phone calls, & yelling and screaming to get them to cancel my contract & quit withdrawing money from my account.

Once I was finally able to cancel I was outraged to find out that $2,400 had been withdrawn from my banking account. I was NOT notified of this charge and spent an entire day trying to figure out WHO had withdrawn that money. It was Woodforest National bank.

I have explained my situation to both companies, including the Better Business Bureau and nothing seems to be happening. Instead I am receiving SEVERAL phone calls from different collections agencies trying to collect on the same debt. A debt that I DO NOT OWE.

I have asked each party involved to go back and look at the actual documents I had signed and in that agreement NO WHERE does it say that I am being HELD to a 3 year contract and that I would be charge an "X" amount for canceling with them. I did not get notified of a WEBSITE that had terms and conditions, nor do they have my SIGNATURE on a terms and conditions.

DO NOT BANK WITH WOODFOREST BANK OR MERCHANT SERVICES USA OR EVEN MERCHANT'S CHOICE. It's a fraudulant bank & credit card company and they will trick you (the consumer) in every possible way. Not to mention, they will report BAD CREDIT on your behalf to the credit bureau for a DEBT YOU DO NOT OWE.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/22/2011 04:29 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/woodforest-national-bank/The-Woodlands-Texas-77387/woodforest-national-bank-MANIPULATED-UNINFORMED-WITHDREW-2400-FROM-ACCOUNT-WITHOUT-NOT-800935. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on woodforest national bank