Complaint Review: Work Market

• Reported By: JR Gorilla — Rochester New York United States of America
Work Market
New York, New York United States of America

Work Market didn't pay me for work done New York, New York

*Author of original report: I did work for corporate

*UPDATE Employee ..inside information: WorkMarket does not employ people

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Same here

I was asked by Work Market to do some work. I completed some of the work and when I asked for a partial payment they then said "we never agreed on that". When I sent them a letter outlining exactly what they said and what I did according to what they asked for- I never heard from them again.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/15/2012 06:28 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Work-Market/New-York-New-York-/Work-Market-didnt-pay-me-for-work-done-New-York-New-York-854152. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Work Market

I did work for corporate

AUTHOR: - ()

Kevin was completely wrong. The work I had been asked to do was for the corporate office and had nothing to do with being assigned to work for a company outside of them. The only agreements I had to sign was a non-disclosure so I did not share any of the company's proprietary information and an outline of what work they needed done (only to assist them with the corporate's marketing). Sorry Kevin- but you were off base with your answer as you replied believeing I was working as a contractor working for one of Work Market's outside customers.

I have worked for many different companies over the years as an independent contractor and Work Market has been the only company that did not fulfill their promises according to the verbal and written agreements. I have no idea how they work with their outside customers and their other independent contractors. All I know is that I certainly would not trust their corporate personnel to fulfill any verbal or written agreements. There are too many great companies out there to work with-- Work Market is not one of them.

#2 UPDATE Employee ..inside information

WorkMarket does not employ people

AUTHOR: Kevin - (USA)

First of all this report against WorkMarket is bull. WorkMarket only allows other companies to post jobs and people (contractors) to accept them. WorkMarket has almost nothing to do with the business transaction between the two but the payment.

If a CONTRACTOR, such as myself, does not perform to the requirements of the work order, then there is penalties set forth in the WorkMarket agreement and the agreement between the company using the CONTRACTOR and the contractor themselves.

This tells me that this "Contractor" filing this complaint did not complete the job properly, did not read over the agreements between them and WorkMarket and the Company doing the contracting of this "Contractor", or is just an idiot all together.

The last is given being they brought WorkMarket into the payment dispute rather than the company who did not pay them as the company who did not pay them is the one responsible, WorkMarket is only the Mediator for that payment and the dispute should have gone through the company doing the contracting instead. If WorkMarket didn't do anything about it when they were contacted - this tells me proper proceedure was not followed (by contacting the hiring company/person first.

I have many years experience with this kind of work, including with WorkMarket, and the individual/individuals posting about WorkMarket and not spending time in the process of explaining detail of why they didn't get paid obviously didn't spend enough time reading the agreement between them and WorkMarket otherwise they would have known this and wouldn't have posted such a small post blaming a middle man.

I think this speaks enough, if not - then go read the agreement between you and WorkMarket and do the job properly following all instructions and you will get paid before you get mad enough to post an ignorant and unjust false report like this in the future.

Oh, one more thing... NEVER do half the work and expect to get paid, the agreement is to do the job, not a half job: You will NEVER get paid for doing part of a job or not completing a job 100%.

Kevin - panimal@yahoo.com (for those who need more information on how to properly do a contract job and always get paid or questions regarding my part in contract work alike including my experiences).

#3 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Same here

AUTHOR: I work 4 free - ()

I was not paid for services rendered. Im going to report them to the IRS. It is illegal to not pay services rendered.