Complaint Review: Work Out Wold

• Updated: Thu, May 02, 2013

• Reported By: Anonymous — Tinton Falls New Jersey
Work Out Wold
980 Shrewsbury Ave Tinton Falls, New Jersey USA

Work Out Wold AKA Worst GYM MEMBERSHIP WOW GYM MEMBERSHIP RIP-OFF Tinton Falls New Jersey

Signing up for a membership at WOW is like signing off your soul to the Devil. Be warned before you commit to any contract. That 5 dollars a week, no contract advertisement on their webiste is FALSELY advertised!!

When I initially went in I signed up for a BASIC membership, that means you can only use the specific gym in your town only.  This is NOT the VIP membership that you can use at all wow locations.  Initially the incompetent trainer setting me up billed me wrongly 1st for the VIP membership and then said oh I made a mistake and then billed me again for the BASIC membership. At this point I obviously didn't think this was their gimmick, I honestly thought it was a mistake.  I signed up for the $5 dollars a week plus a few dollars for tax, THATS IT!

The following month I receive my bill and get billed for a VIP membership AND the BASIC membership. Didn't I just cancel the VIP membership while I was signing up with the the incompetent trainer the first day I signed up, IN PERSON??? YES I DID!!

So, here is where the headache begins!

1. There is NO corporate number for you to call regarding billing.

2. When you call the gym you speak to a secretary or a gym employee regarding your account who suggests you file a support ticket at their website online.

3. You file a support ticket and wait 24-48 hours IF THEY REPLY!!!

4. You end up inconviniencing yourself and filing a dispute with your bank.

5. The bank finally does an investigation and refunds you the money for the overcharge only. (understandable because I was willing to pay the cost of the BASIC membership I signed up for!)

So, the following month after the dispute the charges seems to be what it is suppose to be for a Basic membership $22 dollars and change. Then..... starts all over AGAIN!, I get hit with another $74.00 dollar charge and have to start calling them all over again to speak to employees at the gym or file ANOTHER SUPPORT TICKET, which they DO NOT REPLY TO!!!!!

I am being billed for 2 memberships. When I tried to cancel using the support ticket all any employee tells you is that you have to file a support ticket and someone will get back to you and then they tell you to write a letter. They keep giving you the run around and you are STILL BEING BILLED the whole time!!!

I WARN anyone signing up for this gym that you are in for a SURPRISE, if they make a mistake on billing they NEVER fix it and YOU CAN NEVER CANCEL!!!!!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/02/2013 07:19 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Work-Out-Wold-/Tinton-Falls-New-Jersey-07724/Work-Out-Wold-AKA-Worst-GYM-MEMBERSHIP-WOW-GYM-MEMBERSHIP-RIP-OFF-Tinton-Falls-New-Jerse-1047907. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Work Out Wold