Complaint Review: World Financial Group

• Submitted: Fri, January 16, 2009
  • Updated: Fri, January 16, 2009

• Reported By:Yorba Linda California
World Financial Group
17800 Castleton St. City Of Industry, California U.S.A.

World Financial Group World Financial Group representative told lie after lie and was desperate to get me to join the company right away City Of Industry California

I received a voice mail from a WFG representative who said he was very impressed by my resume and wanted to schedule an interview. Since I had recently submitted my resume for a six figure salaried position with a well know lending institution, I returned the reps call right away. However, after the phone rang about 10 times during prime business hours (2:30 in the afternoon), a voice mail picked up and disclosed that the company was World Financial Group. Consequently, I left a brief message letting the rep know I was returning his call. Later that afternoon the rep called me back, told me that he saw my resume on Careerbuilder.com, and within 15 seconds he tried to convince me to meet for an interview. I asked him where he worked and he told me Transamerica. I told him his voice mail gave a different company name, and he told me he really worked for AEGON. I told him his answering machine said World Financial Group, and he finally explained that he was the CFO of World Financial Group, which is owned by AEGON. I asked: are you the CFO of the entire company? And he nervously changed the subject and would not answer the question, presumably because it would have been a 3rd confirmed lie within about one minute. He then tried to take control of the conversation by talking non stop and asking question after question, most of which ended with wouldn't you agree? Thereafter, he complemented me for graduating from a very prestigious University and told me he had been accepted by Harvard Medical School, but declined the invitation because he wanted to attend another Medical School. He boasted that he was practicing medicine by the age of 22, but quit working as a physician to work at World Financial Group. I laughed out loud at that lie and asked why he quit medicine. His reply: I make over $100,000 every month at World Financial Group. He also boasted that he had offices all over the country and told me I was lucky that he called me. Then he asked again if I would meet for an interview the following morning and told me that I should talk to other real estate professionals about joining WFG. By this time I knew I was talking to a pathological liar and told the guy I wanted to do some research on the company. He told me he would call tomorrow to schedule an interview (he never called) so I said bye and hung up the phone. Later that evening, I performed a Google search on World Financial Group and read many different rip off reports describing the unprofessional approach used by the representatives of WFG throughout the country. My observation is: WFG is a poorly run multi-level marketing company that condones misleading its potential employees and clients. Therefore, I was compelled to add this article to the Ripoff Report to share my unpleasant experience. The person who called me used the WFG technique known as Fake it til you make it, which basically means lie as often as necessary to get the appointment. Last, I performed a reverse directory on his cell phone number and found that this self proclaimed $100,000 per month rep lived in a small home on a tiny lot in the poorest county in Southern California. If you made $1,200,000 per year would you commute an hour each way to Los Angeles from San Bernardino County? (If you are familiar with Southern California, the answer is no way). I was contacted by a pathological liar who avoided questions and would say anything to get an appointment. Don't waste your time with anyone from WFG. Just hang up the phone. The idiot rep that called me doesn't deserve the time of day.

Rex
Yorba Linda, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/16/2009 02:34 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/World-Financial-Group/City-Of-Industry-California-91748/World-Financial-Group-World-Financial-Group-representative-told-lie-after-lie-and-was-desp-412957. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on World Financial Group