Complaint Review: worldcom wireless

• Submitted: Mon, December 03, 2001
  • Updated: Mon, December 03, 2001

• Reported By:Livingston La
worldcom wireless
p.o. Box 9369 Garden City, New York U.S.A.

MCi World com wireless bad phones and service ripoff

I received an offer of a free phone through the mail. upon activation it would not work. i contacted worldcom who gave me another phone number. This number would not work either. on May 16th, 2001 i sent the phone back with a letter stating that it never worked and to cancel my account. I started getting bills for both phone numbers.

Many calls to resolve the problem did not help. Long waits on hold, uncooperative sales reps. and continued threats that my service would be cut off if i did not pay my bill. How could i have a bill when my account shows no minutes used? I thought it was resolved in July 2001. and for a couple of months i did not receive a bill. In November 2001 the bills for both accounts started arriving again.

After numerous waits on hold and no help from the service reps. I sent $206.00(a foolish thing on my part) thinking it would end. I am now getting bills for the 2nd account.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/03/2001 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/worldcom-wireless/Garden-City-New-York-11530-9369/MCi-World-com-wireless-bad-phones-and-service-ripoff-8556. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on worldcom wireless