Complaint Review: Worldcom wireless

• Submitted: Thu, January 17, 2002
  • Updated: Thu, January 17, 2002

• Reported By:blue springs mo
Worldcom wireless
po box 5211 new york, new york U.S.A.

MCi world-com wireless rip-off

The company sent me an e-mail for a free cell phoneand the monthly fee was to be 29.99 a month and 500 free minutes also free activation.I did receive the phone and began to use it but after having it for a little over a month the company sent a bill for 55.00+34.99 activation fee.Boy was I shocked.

I then called the company and asked about the high bill.they told me that i was going to have to pay the 49.99+tax each month.After hearing this I told them to cancel the phone and I would send it back.

The lady told me I could not do that it had been more than 0 days.I told the lady that I had just received the bill and she said quote"that is your problem"she said I had to pay for the phone at that price for a year.I have tried asking to speak to a supervisor but of course i never get to.

If you are reading this beware of this scam they get you in at a great deal and then boy watch out.As of now my bills are around 250.00 because I will not pay until this gets worked out.

I want to just give the phone back and I will pay the 29.99 for the months I have used it. I will not pay the rediculous price .I would of never signed up for 50.00 a month when I don't even pay that for my home phone.Well that is the scam I had pulled on me.Buyer beware.

Brenda
Blue Springs, MO

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/17/2002 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Worldcom-wireless/new-york-new-york-10087-5211/MCi-world-com-wireless-rip-off-11825. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Worldcom wireless