Complaint Review: WorldPay

• Submitted: Fri, November 29, 2013
  • Updated: Fri, November 29, 2013

• Reported By: Jeremy, Small Business Owner — Barrington Rhode Island
600 Morgan Falls Rd #260 Atlanta, GA, 30350 Barrington, Rhode Island USA

WorldPay RBS charged me really high rates, raised them without notification and charged me a $495 cancellation fee without my permission Barrington Rhode Island

We have been WorldPay customers since our company's inception in 2008.  I signed a three year agreement initially and bought my credit card processing machine through them. They raised my percentage rate without informing me (to extremely high rates).  I neglected to notice this for some time.  I called to complain this October, and they "lowered my rates to the lowest possible".  I then compared rates with other options, with theirs still being incredibly high.  I opted to change companies.  I made a call to cancel my service and was informed that I would have to pay $495 to "cancel my service".  They offered to lower my rates again.  I said that they said that they were as low as possible per their customer service.  They said that they could in fact go lower.  Shame on me for not keeping track of them earlier.  I lost a lot more than $495 through those rates.  They made an ACH withdrawal of the $495 without my permission and after I specifically said that I do not authorize them to take the funds.

I asked to speak with a manager and was referred to Lorraine Boyd at 678-587-1422(spelling?).  She called me on a secondary number I asked not to be used and then was not available for two weeks.  I called over five times trying to reach her.  She finally told me that the contract was automatically renewing every year after the initial three year contract and that there was nothing she could do.  I noted that this was never explained to me and that I had not signed any extension agreement.  I do not have any records of notification through mail or e-mail that this was occurring.  This experience has been one of the worst that I can remember in customer care and business dealings.  I would advise anyone to stay clear of WorldPay and all of its services.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/29/2013 02:29 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/WorldPay/Barrington-Rhode-Island-02806/WorldPay-RBS-charged-me-really-high-rates-raised-them-without-notification-and-charged-m-1103048. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on WorldPay