Complaint Review: WORLDWIDE REBATES

• Submitted: Tue, October 28, 2008
  • Updated: Tue, January 06, 2009

• Reported By:Tampa Florida
WORLDWIDE REBATES
worldwiderebates.com San Diego, California U.S.A.

WORLDWIDE REBATES/ SHOPNBC Deceptive rebate offer by SHOPNBC/ WORLDWIDE REBATES/ neither company will accept responsibility! San Diego California

*Author of original report: I finally got my rebate!!!

*Author of original report: UPDATE;December 5,2008 WORLDWIDE REBATES

*UPDATE Employee: Processing Timeframe

*Author of original report: Worldwide Rebates /San Diego CA/ Update on $100 denied rebate claim

*UPDATE Employee: Worldwide Rebates is always eager to help

*UPDATE Employee: Shop NBC Rebate can be resubmitted

In August I ordered a Mitsubishi TV from SHOPNBC. It was on-air program host that used a $100 rebate as an incentive to order this television. I thought it was a good deal and ordered. I filled out the proper forms and sent them off to WORLDWIDE REBATES, which is the company that handles this for SHOPNBC.

WORLDWIDE REBATES is claiming to never have received my forms. Maybe it got lost in the mail, they stated in their e-mail to me when I asked them to track my rebate.

So, I contacted SHOPNBC to ask them to assist me with this problem I was having with WORLDWIDE REBATES. They responded with apologies for the "confusion surrounding my rebate", but were not able to provide assistance because "SHOPNBC was not offering this rebate"!!

Well, who the heck was on tv selling this item that came with a $100 rebate?? It sure as heck wasn't anyone else but SHOPNBC.

I'm angry and feel I've been scammed! One of these companies needs to step up to the plate and do the right thing!

Gail
Tampa, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/28/2008 04:48 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/WORLDWIDE-REBATES/San-Diego-California-92112/WORLDWIDE-REBATES-SHOPNBC-Deceptive-rebate-offer-by-SHOPNBC-WORLDWIDE-REBATES-neither-c-385757. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on WORLDWIDE REBATES

I finally got my rebate!!!

AUTHOR: Gail - (U.S.A.)

Thanks to Hope Wilkerson (hope.wilkerson@worldwiderebates.com) for expediting this rebate. I don't know if this company thought I'd just go away and forget about it, but in these times, $100 is too much to ignore.
People, please be diligent when an individual or a company tries to rip you off! Make them be accountable. I'm still very annoyed with SHOPNBC for their part in this and I won't be doing any more business with them, but I am grateful to Hope for handling this matter for me.

UPDATE;December 5,2008 WORLDWIDE REBATES

AUTHOR: Gail - (U.S.A.)

I left a voicemail yesterday for customer service director, Hope Wilkerson and she returned my call promptly, today. She informed me that she was approving my rebate!! I also got an e-mail stating that I would be getting the rebate within 8-10 weeks. That made me happy! I will update in 10 weeks (about mid-February) if I haven't gotten it, or sooner if I get it before then.

Processing Timeframe

AUTHOR: Hope - (U.S.A.)

Thank you for the chance to respond to your inquiry. As you stated, this resubmission was signed for on 11/17/2008. According to our terms and conditions, the processing timeframe is 8 to 10 weeks. This report was submitted less than one week after the paperwork was signed for. We will be glad to assist you personally. Please give us a call at 1-800-286-9146 so we can identify your claim.

AUTHOR: Gail - (U.S.A.)

I was e-mailed a request by Hope Wilkerson, the cust.service rep, to resubmit my rebate docs. Of course, I had already sent them the UPC from the shipping box, so I resubmitted everything else that was required. I sent it certified mail/receipt on November 13, 2008. It was delivered and signed for on Nov.17. As of today, Nov. 22, I have no response or update on the status of my $100 rebate.

AUTHOR: Gail - (U.S.A.)

Worldwide Rebates is always eager to help

AUTHOR: Hope - (U.S.A.)

Thank you for the opportunity to respond to your concern. Worldwide rebates processes the rebate that you submitted from shop NBC. We always give our claimants the opprotunity to resubmit their claims. Please resubmit your copies to Resubmissions, PO Box 1339, Deerfield Beach, FL 33443. For further assistance, contact me directly at 954-573-6746 or via email at hope.wilkerson@worldwiderebates.com.

Shop NBC Rebate can be resubmitted

AUTHOR: Hope - (U.S.A.)

Thank you for the opportunity to respond to your concern. Though the rebate is offered by Shop NBC Worldwide Rebates does process it. We always allow our claimants the opportunity to resubmit their rebate. Please resubmit your copies of your rebate claim to Resubmissions PO Box 1339, Deerfield Beach, FL 33443. Please contact me directly if you need further assistance. My name is Hope. I am the Customer Service supervisor. My direct number is 954-573-6746. I would be glad to assist you.