Complaint Review: worldwide whos who directory

• Submitted: Sat, February 09, 2013
  • Updated: Sat, February 09, 2013

• Reported By: Jeannette — Melbourne Other Australia
worldwide whos who directory
498 RXR Plaza, Uniondale, New York 11556 New York, New York United States of America

worldwide whos who directory stole my $600+ to provide branding and networking. They've provided an online profile which is hidden on their so-called directory. New York New York

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: I worked there stay clear

Unfortunately this group operates just under the radar of illegal activities.  Yes, the 'directory' allows you to have your name and details on it.  Go to www.worldwidewhoswho.com and try to find someone with whom to network.  alternatively, go to that site to verify that someone who claims to be a member of it is in fact a member.  Ha ha.  You can't enter the site unless you're a member of the directory.

Initially, as soon as I realised I'd been sold a dud, I notified my bank.  Unfortunately, the scammers on wwww claimed that they had provided me with a profile (which I'd written) and they provided details of same.  The bank - another pillar of integrity - decided that I had actually 'received the service' for which I've paid.  After being challenged by my bank, Worldwide who's who contacted me to say they'd make me a VIP member - overnight I became a VIP. [continued below]....
.....  Now, provided you know my name, you can search that VIP database, without having to be a worldwide who's who member.

That's NOT what they claim they're offering.  LinkedIn offers opportunities to network, to meet people in similar areas, to write to them, advertise to them.  For no cost.  I was at a stage where I was considering ways to market my consulting business so when the worldwide ww person who telephoned me offered a professionally drafted press release, a website presence that was part of a branding process, and worldwide networking, that sounded great.  The price of $900+ was outrageous but when I was offered lifetime membership for $600 or so, I thought I was buying into a very select, worldwide network.  The wwww rep told me that they selected members very carefully.  Turns out that the only selection criterion is money. You pay, you're in.  The person who telephoned me said she was 'interviewing' me to see if I'd pass muster.  Well, glory be I did.  I'm annoyed that LinkedIn has advertisements for them.  It's not about the money.  It's about the completely false advertising.  No network.  No branding.  A press release was sent to me, but hey! I'm not the press and as far as I know the release wasn't actually released.  Most of the profiles on worldwide whos who don't even have contact details.  Besides, I'd be embarrassed now to say I'm on it because that is evidence of my stupidity.  I feel better now.  As Socrates allegedly said: it's better to be sinned against than sinning.  I still think that's true.  Better to be ripped off than to behave like worldwide who's who.  Who is who anyway?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/09/2013 08:38 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/worldwide-whos-who-directory/New-York-New-York-11556/worldwide-whos-who-directory-stole-my-600-to-provide-branding-and-networking-Theyve-1011599. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on worldwide whos who directory

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

I worked there stay clear

AUTHOR: Davi - ()

They get your name from likned in......You may think its coming from linked in and its not....its nothing more than a scam....or close to a scam...