Complaint Review: WorldWinner.com

• Submitted: Fri, November 15, 2013
  • Updated: Fri, November 15, 2013

• Reported By: JeffJeff55 — Saint Paul Minnesota
21 Hickory Drive, Waltham, MA, 02451 Waltham, Massachusetts USA

WorldWinner.com GSN, Gameshow Network, World Winner Closed account - refused to pay funds fairly earned Waltham Massachusetts

After successfully playing a number of games on WorldWinner, I attempted to play a game that I wasn't particularly good at:  Boggle.  I thought it would be fun and with enough practice I could gain some skill and actually be competitive.

I played several games but did pretty poorly.  The rules aren't clearly defined (i.e. bonuses for using every tile, etc).  After playing about 15 games I thought I had the hang of it and attempted to play in one of their tournaments.  I didn't do well.  I re-entered sevewral times.  I didn't win.

I decided that Boggle wasn't for me.  At some point I decided to "cash out" some of the winnings I had earned from winning in other games.  The next day I received word that my account was closed.  I was told I could email their shady "fraud and fairness" department if I wanted to know why.  OF COURSE I WANTED TO KNOW WHY ... I had $300 in that account and they stated that all that money was "forfeitted."

After SEVERAL emails and SEVERAL days someone from "fraud and fairness" finally replied and informed me that my account was closed because I was "deliberately losing in order to gain a competitive advantage" in Boggle.  I replied and asked them to explain how my being bad at a game gave me a competive advantage.  I hadn't won anything.  After SEVERAL more days and SEVERAL more emails on my behalf they curtly informed me that their decision was final and their would be no further discussion.

WorldWinner clearly saw an opportunity to pocket my player funds and came up with an absolutely bogus reason for doing so.  It is more than a little curious that my bogus banning coincided with my request for funds to be withdrawn.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/15/2013 08:14 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/WorldWinnercom/Waltham-Massachusetts-02451/WorldWinnercom-GSN-Gameshow-Network-World-Winner-Closed-account-refused-to-pay-funds-1099720. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on WorldWinner.com