Complaint Review: WOW Cable

• Updated: Fri, May 10, 2013

• Reported By: RodneyA — Grove City Ohio
WOW Cable
P.O. Box 4350 Carol Stream, Illinois USA

WOW Cable Horrible Customer Service and Incorrect Billing! Carol Stream Illinois

WOW has the worst customer service of any cable and internet provider. The cable and internet is less than average. Their billing is horrible! They double billed me late last year without me knowing it. This week I received a phone call from a debt collector stating I owed them $250! I said "they are my provider and I am looking at the last bill which was due a few weeks ago and I paid it on time and owe them nothing". They said that isn't what their records show. I told them I would call WOW.

I called WOW and they said they have where we disconnected service in February and a past due bill we never paid. I said, first I don't owe you anything but, let’s say I did... why wouldn't you cut off my service until I paid if that is the case? She said they couldn't reach me. I reminded them that we have service with them currently. I explained we have had service with them for years. I reminded them that they sent out noticed apologizing in January and February for incorrect invoicing.

After speaking to 3 people (escalating each time) they finally determined that it would be good to reduce the $250 to $200 and call it a deal. NOT! I have all my bills and will not pay them another cent. I have now cancelled my service with WOW and will make it my mission to make sure as many knows about this as possible. They have lost one customer and a customer that will work really hard to ensure they lose more or at least the opportunity at some for $200. It isn't the fact that I can't pay it, because I waste more than that in a weekend of eating out (family of 5) but it is just the principle of the matter.

In close, BEWARE of WOW! Don't go with them. Unfortunately I don't have a good reference for any but I am going back to Time Warner. Even though I will pay more and their customer service isn't much better, at least they had accurate billing and if there was a problem, they would address and admit it. Good luck WOW, you will need it!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/10/2013 07:46 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/WOW-Cable/Carol-Stream-Illinois-60197/WOW-Cable-Horrible-Customer-Service-and-Incorrect-Billing-Carol-Stream-Illinois-1049838. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on WOW Cable