Complaint Review: WOW! Workout World of New Jersey

• Updated: Sun, June 01, 2014

• Reported By: counselorjimg — Atlantic Highlands New Jersey
WOW! Workout World of New Jersey
Route 35 Middletown, New Jersey USA

WOW! Workout World of New Jersey Kept Debiting My Checking After I Cancelled Membership, Then Threw Me in Collections When My Card Expired Middletown New Jersey

I had been a Workout World member for several years but canceled my membership around four years ago...or so I thought. Since I wasn't checking my bank statement very carefully, they continued automatically debiting my checking account every month for membershipfees.

Then, last year, the card they had on file for me expired. They started harassing me for alleged "past due" charges with automated phone messages. Their website had no contactphone number for their headquarters, so I called the local WOW where I had belonged. I got a runaround from the staff there who just kept saying that if I was still being billed then I never canceled, and that if I wanted to cancel I could only do it online.

So I found the mailing address for their headquarters and sent them a letter reiterating that I had canceled my membership some time ago and they had been fraudulently debiting my checking account all along. Never got a reply.

What did happen was that this week I got a collection letter from some lawyer's office stating that I owed WOW two hundred and some dollars.

Now they've pushed me too far. I notice on this site that a lot of people have had similar experiences to mine. I would like to organize a class action lawsuit against Workout World to reclaim all of the money they have taken from former members after they canceled, and also to seek any other damages resulting from damaged credit scores, etc.

If you're interested, email me at: (((redacted)))

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/01/2014 09:12 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/WOW-Workout-World-of-New-Jersey/Middletown-New-Jersey-07748/WOW-Workout-World-of-New-Jersey-Kept-Debiting-My-Checking-After-I-Cancelled-Membership-1151243. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on WOW! Workout World of New Jersey