Complaint Review: wozo.com

• Submitted: Thu, October 07, 2010
  • Updated: Tue, April 19, 2011

• Reported By: Sarah — Manistee Michigan United States of America
33 Broad Street Suite 901 Boston, Massachusetts United States of America

wozo.com Kristin Gramazio Charged my debit card $29.99 without my consent Boston, Massachusetts

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: Setting my name straight

*Author of original report: Class Action Lawsuit

*Author of original report: went to my bank

On October 2 I ordered a poster for 99 cent shipping. Upon checkout, there was a little box to check to agree to terms and conditions. I searched everywhere on the page to read what I was getting into, and didn't find anything so I figured I was agreeing to pay the 99 cent shipping on a free poster.

On October 7 I discovered a payment pending out of my checking account for $29.99 for wozo.com and immediately sent them an email after 5 unsuccessful attempts to get into my wozo.com account (the site said I had the wrong password, and the link wozo.com sent me to reset it did not work):

My email to wozo.com:

I STILL cannot change my password. I'm upset I have been charged 29.99 on my account when I have no idea why. I did not read ANYWHERE that there would be a charge to my card when I ordered a free print with 99 cent shipping. [continued below]....
.....  I want this account CANCELLED IMMEDIATELY and a credit issued to my account. I will be contacting my bank tomorrow to dispute this charge.

A reply quickly came:

We have received your request for a refund.

When you purchased your Free poster, you explicitly acknowledged and accepted our terms and conditions that you will be charged $29.99 if you don't cancel within 4 days located here: http://www.wozo.com/pages/Terms-and-Conditions.html . We have your digital time stamp and date of when you accepted these terms.

We will immediately terminate your membership and you will no longer be charged moving forward.

Very Truly Yours,

Customer Service Manager

I have also attached an image where you would have seen where it asked you to agree to the Terms and Conditions and are necessary to be accepted in order to submit your order.

The image Kristen sent me shows a checkout page. Of course, they did not send me MY checkout page because mine did not show a statement where I agreed to be charged $29.99 if i don't cancel within 4 days!!

Also, the terms and conditions link she emailed me...is nowhere to be found on their website...it is a hidden link.

I will be contacting my bank tomorrow and filing a formal dispute.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/07/2010 03:21 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/wozocom/Boston-Massachusetts-02210/wozocom-Kristin-Gramazio-Charged-my-debit-card-2999-without-my-consent-Boston-Massachu-648609. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on wozo.com

#1 REBUTTAL Individual responds

Setting my name straight

AUTHOR: Kgramazio - ()

I want to set the record straight. It bothers me that my character and name has been defamed by a company I once worked for.

I did start out working with the company before its business practices became unprofessional, and only when the business practice was legit. The company later took a turn for the worse when the owner Lin Miao became greedy and decided to change procedures and conditions. That is when I left the position of Customer Serivce for the company. However, it turned out that Lin Miao had the new customer support agent continue to respond to customer emails with my personal email signature in it. This has caused my name to be shown on this site and possibly others under the company Wozo.com.

I truely feel sorry for those who fell victim to this company. Its a good thing Lin Miao's company went out of business so he can't continue to rob innocent people.

Class Action Lawsuit

AUTHOR: Sarah - (United States of America)

There is now a class action lawsuit being filed against wozo.com

I just received a call from a lawfirm.

went to my bank

AUTHOR: Sarah - (United States of America)

I went to my bank Friday and they were very helpful and empathetic to my problem.  The 29.99 that wozo.com is trying to scam me out of was still in pending and she couldn't do anything until it actually posted. She assured me that when it posts, she will issue and immediate credit to my account and will notify wozo.com. She said 95 percent of the time, there are no issues with it, and the credit will stay. She was very confident wozo.com would not get away with it. Thankfully, the lady I spoke with at the bank had a similar thing happen to her with a different company and understands how this happens.

I will keep you posted!