Complaint Review: WPI iFriends

• Updated: Fri, December 16, 2011

• Reported By: T84 — Dublin Internet Ireland
WPI iFriends
Unknown San Francisco, California United States of America

WPI iFriends Charged my card over 30 dollars without my knowledge or consent San Francisco California

*Consumer Comment: Webpower/Ifriends/Clickcash/RMT/WP Associates new fraud trick!

Years ago I signed up to this site and provided my details. I hadn't used it for between 5 to 6 years until I recently got a "free" 15 dollar gift certificate from them. Fast forward a week or two, and I discover that I've been charged over 30 dollars by this company without my knowledge or consent. I should also point out that the card details they had on their system were out of date; the card expired in 2005, they didn't have my security pin, and I haven't lived at the address on their system since 2006. (They were able to charge my new card because the main card number is the same as the six year old one).

I've contacted their customer service, but given some of the other comments about them I'm not sure how successful I'll be. If they don't provide a satisfactory response I'm going to contact my card company, and dispute the charge there. The moral of the story is to avoid this company like the plague. They can't be trusted.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/10/2011 03:00 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/WPI-iFriends/San-Francisco-California-/WPI-iFriends-Charged-my-card-over-30-dollars-without-my-knowledge-or-consent-San-Francisc-807676. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on WPI iFriends

Webpower/Ifriends/Clickcash/RMT/WP Associates new fraud trick!

AUTHOR: E.Ness - (USA)

I am sorry for you, that they have started to try to fool old customers back to their sites by given free $15 or more certificates or coupons so they can take new charges to your credit card. First, contact their customer service again and inform them that if you don't receive every penny they wrongfully withdrew, back immediately that you are going to authorities and they will rush to correct the problem so as you won't press criminal charges. Second, cancel your credit card immediately as they could still continue to bill you for more and ask your credit card company to reverse any charges that are not correct while stopping any further charges from them. Do not let the credit card company transfer other charges to your new card because Webpower inc/Ifriends has many names under which they may bill your credit card to by-pass your block of the name they use to bill you this time.

If you still have not received a satisfactory result or you would like to stop this company from doing this to others then simply use this link to file your complaint:   http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx

Good luck and let people know on here what has happened to you. It helps everyone to know the truth about WebpowerInc./Ifriends/Clickcash/RMT/WP Associates.