Complaint Review: Wright Career College - Kansas City

• Submitted: Sat, March 14, 2009
  • Updated: Tue, August 18, 2009

• Reported By:Kansas City Missouri
Wright Career College - Kansas City
10975 El Monte Overland Park,, Kansas U.S.A.

Wright Business School/Wright Career College - Kansas City This school has cost me thousands of dollars in educational assistance due to lackadaisical administration not to include lack of instructors in key classes. Overland Park, Kansas

* : Wright Career College

I had been a full time student for 3 years with no problems until I decided to transfer to this school little did I know this was the biggest mistake Ive ever made. It took them 3 months to send a single piece of paper to the VA certifying my enrollment which directly affects my finances and my ability to support my family and be a successful full time student. The dean of the school did attempt to resolve the issue but he sent the wrong form which tied up much needed funds for weeks.

Finally we discover that the school has a VA rep. this person is supposed to have a fluent understanding of the process, this person also doubled as my academic counselor this person needs an assistant this person didn't want to be VA rep and tried to delegate the responsibility to some one else. I bounced from person to person trying to get this 1 piece of paper faxed.

There were multiple days spent with no instructor and when we did get an instructor we would end up reviewing materials instead of teaching new things because no one really knew where we were in the curriculum all we had was the syllabus to indicate where we were supposed to be-and just when we would start to get somewhere they leave. I'm confident that its confusing as well as difficult to teach two classes at one time in one room while having to check on students across the hall. Ridiculous.

So now I'm in debt with the government because according to wright business college my attendance/academics were not acceptable which means basically VA wants their money back for those months I attended that school on top of student loans.

Michael
Kansas City, Missouri

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/14/2009 08:40 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Wright-Career-College-Kansas-City/Overland-Park-Kansas-66211/Wright-Business-SchoolWright-Career-College-Kansas-City-This-school-has-cost-me-thousan-434139. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Wright Career College - Kansas City

#1

Wright Career College

AUTHOR: N8tive lady - (USA)

First of all I would like to say I enjoy reading different issues and concerns of my fellow consumers. I am currently a Veteran of the U.S. Army and a student at Wright Career College. Wright was very informative and help me file my paperwork quickly and properly.  I did take the responsibility to follow up and check on paperwork myself on the computer.  I did most of the work to take care of my VA benefits. Sometimes you have to do the leg work. Suck it up and move on.