Complaint Review: Wuertz Law Office, LLC

• Updated: Mon, August 05, 2013

• Reported By: Duped then Dumped — Arcadia Indiana
Wuertz Law Office, LLC
22 E. Washington St Indianapolis, Indiana USA

Wuertz Law Office, LLC Chad D. Wuertz Wendy Kaufman Duped for almost $20k, never communicated with me; then dumped me a month before litigation Indianapolis Indiana

*Author of original report: Redaction

Chad Wuertz proved to be utterly incompetent, shrewd and conniving, after 11 months of one failure after another in the art of practicing law.  He was extremely friendly and compassionate at my initial consultation, after I agreed to a $5,000 retainer.  Within a couple of months into my messy divorce/custody case, his true colors showed through.

He began failing to communicate with me within 3 months after retaining him, but he never failed to bill me.  A one paragraph email sent to him, begging for information on my case, would cost me an outrageous sum of money for him to read, but never respond to.

Within 6 months of retaining him, I had lost complete confidence, due to lack of communication, lack of response on his and his firm's behalf, and being charged thousands of dollars for my pleas for updates on what he was doing to resolve a divorce that had lingered on for over 2 years.

I was charged for roughly $5,000 for a second deposition (which was NEVER discussed with me prior), which NEVER occurred because his court reporter failed to show up at the opposing counsel's office.  Then Mr. Wuertz and his paralegal, (he always has to have someone with him), met in private with my husband, and my husbands attorney, while I had to sit outside the conference room for over an hour and a half.  It was never revealed to me what they discussed.

The lack of communication continued, except for insulting emails and what could only be conceived as threats from Wuertz and his legal team, if I failed to cooperate with my husband's demands.  I never received copies of correspondence he sent or received from opposing counsel.

Then, he demanded a meeting to discuss a settlement proposal be set IMMEDIATELY.  When I arrived for the meeting, he and his staff were so rude and insultng to me and my family that accompanied me, it was embarrassing.  Then he simply QUIT on me.  And is filing a $10k plus lien on my divorce.

I pity anyone unfortunate enough to encounter this pit viper, and expect a positive outcome.  This firm is a prime example of what gives lawyers a bad reputation!  I will be pursuing justice with this firm, I assure anyone reading this.  Some things, you just don't let pass by.  Mr. Wuertz hasn't displayed worthiness of the responsibility of the title he wears.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/05/2013 08:49 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Wuertz-Law-Office-LLC/Indianapolis-Indiana-46204/Wuertz-Law-Office-LLC-Chad-D-Wuertz-Wendy-Kaufman-Duped-for-almost-20k-never-communic-1073104. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Wuertz Law Office, LLC

Redaction

AUTHOR: Duped then Dumped - ()

I remove and redact the comments regarding Chad Wuertz, Wendy Kaufman, and Wuertz Law firm.