Complaint Review: www.1stopehelp.com

• Submitted: Tue, January 08, 2013
  • Updated: Tue, January 08, 2013

• Reported By: cab_codespring — Nashua New Hampshire United States of America
www.1stopehelp.com

1stopehelp.com cold call dangerous downloads web sites 1stopehelp clean dangerous files from computer Internet

I received a cold call from an Indian man saying that they were calling because I had gone to a web site where dangerous files had been downloaded onto my computer.  I feigned ignorance and he directed me to the command prompt where I directed to type inf  to view all the "dangerous" files on my system.  Then he had my type www.1stopehelp.com into the command prompt, and asked what I saw. I didn't do it, but said I saw my browser come up. he then said click something or other, and asked what I saw.  At that point I gleefully  said "I see a stupid person who thinks I'm some kind of idiot to go to that site" and laughed mockingly and he said "You are stupid! You are stupid" and I hung up. After a little while I felt bad for the guy, he probably lives in some Indian slum and is a big deal at home because he has a desk job and makes a little money for some bare necessities, and works really hard to scam a little old lady here and there for which a hundred bucks is a night out at bingo. What he's doing is wrong but I still felt bad.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/08/2013 12:45 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/www1stopehelpcom/internet/1stopehelpcom-cold-call-dangerous-downloads-web-sites-1stopehelp-clean-dangerous-files-993370. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on www.1stopehelp.com