Complaint Review: www.BeenVerified.com

• Updated: Tue, November 29, 2011

• Reported By: LShros — Rancho Cucamonga California United States of America
www.BeenVerified.com
404 Park Avenue South, 11th Floor Internet United States of America

www.BeenVerified.com Refused Full Refund for remaining months, Inaccurate and horribly outdated of simply non-existent info. Internet

*Consumer Comment: IT APPEARS THAT THE BBB IS A NATIONWIDE SCAM, MUCH LIKE THE U.S. GOVERNMENT......

*UPDATE Employee: BeenVerified and BBB

*Author of original report: Complaints Found On the Better Business Bureau website.

*UPDATE Employee: Our reports/refunds

I strongly discourage the use of this site. Their service and Information is Horrible: Extremely out-of-date and other information is obviously missing and/or just incorrect.

I did a trial and apparently did not get the cancellation to them on time, (I was 1 day late due to dealing with husband's cancer issues). When I saw I had been charged $120 for a full12 months, I called immediately. The rep's attitude on the phone was short and rude. I figured-- at that time-- to "eat it" because at that time other issues were more important.

As time went on, I tried to utilize the service I paid for. Their info was so out of date and/or inaccurate I sent several e-mails telling them of their errors but never received a response. The last e-mail I sent complaining about these issues, I finally received a response stating my account was now cancelled, but no mention of a refund for the 7 months still on the books.

I sent a couple of e-mails asking about the 7 unused months--not one response. I called over the weekend. The representative stated my account shows "Not Refundable", further she was not authorized to do billing issues and for me to call back during the week. When I called I got the same Short/Rude person as before. I received no help from her. I asked to speak with a Supervisor. The Supervisor was the same person who e-mailed me and cancelled my account. At first he said he had a problem with a refund because the service started in July 2011 and it is now November 2011. I explained I had called originally for a refund but was refused. He agreed to refund only $40 of the $70 owed. He said "I can't refund anymore than that."

I disagree with the amount, but some is better than nothing. How can he justify refunding for 4 months when there was still 7 months that had been prepaid. It is beyond me.

Save yourself a huge headache and disappointment; DON'T USE "WWW.BEENVERIFIED.COM"

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/17/2011 04:17 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/wwwBeenVerifiedcom/internet/wwwBeenVerifiedcom-Refused-Full-Refund-for-remaining-months-Inaccurate-and-horribly-ou-799234. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on www.BeenVerified.com

AUTHOR: Karl - (USA)

and Wall Street.

Anyone can 'Google' the following four videos and watch them on the web to learn more about the three scams known as the BBB, U.S. Government, & Wall Street-

BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU 20/20 INVESTIGATION
AMERICA: FREEDOM TO FASCISM
FRONTLINE: INSIDE THE MELTDOWN
FRONTLINE: THE WARNING

Bonus info: Simply type in 269041 at this site and read what is stated in 'Consumer Comment #3' at Ripoff Report #269041, entitled "Blame it on a Lawyer" in order to learn more about Wall Street, stocks, and the sock market.

"Knowledge is power."

POWER TO THE PEOPLE

BeenVerified and BBB

AUTHOR: Community Manager - (USA)

With regards to your feedback about our BBB history, I think it's important to point out that BeenVerified deals with thousands of users everyday.  While our bottom line goal is to never have even a single unhappy customer, considering the complicated nature of the service we provide, we feel like the BBB history demonstrates positive momentum toward reaching that goal.

Bottom line is that it's our job, and our responsibility, to make sure users are satisfied and there are no excuses for your particular experience.  However, we are really proud of our hard working customer service staff who are faced with a very difficult task.  As we grow as a company, we will finally have the opportunity to put more and more resources toward satisfying every customer and we look forward to the challenge of not having whatever happened to you happen to anyone else.

If you have any additional comments of questions, we'd be happy to help. Please e-mail us directly at community@beenverified.com and we will ensure your situation is resolved.

Complaints Found On the Better Business Bureau website.

AUTHOR: LShros - (United States of America)

Since I submitted my complaint about my dealings/issues with BeenVerified.com, I found additional information I wish I had before I did business with them.

According to the Better Business Bureau, BeenVerified.com has had 60 complaints over the last 3 years.  34 of those complaints were closed in the last 12 months.  The complaints are broken down into the following categories:

Advertising/Sales Issues:    9
Billing/Collection Issues:    19
Problems with Product/Service:    32

Anyone can go to the Better Business Bureau (BBB) website and read the individual complaints at www.BBB.org.

Our reports/refunds

AUTHOR: Community Manager - (USA)

Hi LShros, I'm the Community Manager at BeenVerified, thanks for the comment. First, we're sorry to hear about your experience. The world of public records can be difficult to navigate. Currently, BeenVerified.com accesses over 3,500+ sources that are updated on a monthly basis. However, our database is limited to the court systems that provide access to services like ours. Unfortunately, some court systems do not make accessing the records readily accessible.

Please also know that we are constantly working to expand and improve our database to provide you with the most current, accurate information we can. We also have a "court runner service" that sends a real person known as a "Court Runner" directly to the county courthouse. This is great for receiving records from counties that do not release records digitally and also for checking the most up to date and current status of a court case. So, while the records may not always be up-to-date, we're constantly working towards making them better.

Lastly, we apologize for your experience in regards to a refund. Please e-mail us at community@beenverified.com and we'll try to work something out.