Complaint Review: www.FFL123.com

• Submitted: Fri, September 28, 2012
  • Updated: Sun, February 24, 2013

• Reported By: Colorado scott — Monument Colorado U.S.A.
www.FFL123.com

FFL123.com bmaddox enterprises, llc REFUND refused , Internet

*Consumer Comment: Consumer Misconceptions

*Consumer Comment: FFL123. My Customer Experience.

*General Comment: But why did he need to justify his request for a refund?

*Consumer Comment: Great Service

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Owner's Response & Side of the Story

I saw a add and purchased the product on Friday and looked at material for about an hour before I found that I was not qualified to proceed.  Asked for refund the following day early in the morning - proab within 12 hours of purchase and have been refused three times.  A POOR WAY TO RUN A BUSINESS.  I am out $60 bucks so a lesson learned -  READ AD IN DETAIL and know once your purchase it is yours.  I will extract my refund by bad mouthing this policy on social media sites!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/28/2012 07:53 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/wwwFFL123com/internet/FFL123com-bmaddox-enterprises-llc-REFUND-refused-Internet-948216. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on www.FFL123.com

Consumer Misconceptions

AUTHOR: Mars86 - ()

I have seen this scenerio several times in my professional career. The consumer mis-inturpets what is advertised.

I have over 20 years of consumer, financial and service experiance. I've worked for the largest Bank in the U.S. as a Collection Manager. Also experiance as a Sales Manager, Finanace Manager, Sales Trainer and Motivational Speaker. I mention this so you know that what I bring to this is actual field experiance.

I will start by giving you an example of advertizing that most consumers mis-inturpet. This is from my experiance in the Mortgage and Automotive Industries. The AD reads as follows.

" 0 Down - 0% Financing - Low Payments - Bad Credit - Bankruptcy -We Can Finance Anyone.

Now for the most part people with bad credit issues where the one's that usally had problems with an ad like this.

None of this is false advertizing or bait and switch, which were the first thing people would claim when it did'nt work in there favor. Yes 0 Down was avalable and with great credit ie.... 700 and above Fico Score, you would more than qualify.

Let me cut to the chase. Advertising space is expensive, so whenever you see an Ad, the seller wants to make sure that they reach everyone. That being said, what you have to understand is that in that ad each part isn't connected. In other words it does'nt say that you will get 0 Down and 0% APR and Low Payments even if you have bad credit. Its advertising that all those scenerios are avalable, if you have great credit then you may qualify for the 0 Down or 0% APR and Low Payments or if you have bad credit they have programs for that as well.

If you read what FFL123.com is offering. Is that if you purchase there product and follow the program and you still get denied your FFL then you will qualify for a refund and yes it is there right to protect that policy and yes short of that happening you must go threw the whole process to qualify for that refund.

You are not intitled to a refund simply because you decieded not to go threw the process or changed your mind about it for what ever reason. FFL123.com  did nothing wrong at least in this situation. I am looking to get my FFL and I always do my best to make sure I'm doing business with a good company and I make sure to do my research which lead me here and I was compalled to write this.

I have read FFL123.com offer and I can see how someone might mis-interpet this but that would be the consumers fault not the seller's

I hope this helps.

P.S. This guy bad mouthing this company because he made the mistake should be a big indicator of the fact that he is unwilling to take accountablity of his own mistakes which is unprofessional and should'nt be held against FFL123.com.

FFL123. My Customer Experience.

AUTHOR: 1McCjon - ()

I felt obligated to write this becuase FFL123 was a key piece in helping me obtain my FFL.  Not only did it make understanding the appliaction process easy, but the site offered study material for the ATF interview.  I've read that most interviews generally run 4-5 hours.  I studied the guide and mine lasted about 45 minutes.  Could I have recieved my ffl if I took the time and completed all the documents etc on my own?  probably.  Was it worth the $60 to save about 100 hours of my life.  Absolutely.

I'm glad Brandon didn't refund this money.  The consumer lied to try and get 150% of his money back and failed, then took to the internet to generate an invalid complaint.  Get a life.

Do not hesitate to buy this product.

#3 General Comment

But why did he need to justify his request for a refund?

AUTHOR: Bruce - (U.S.A.)

I read the complaint and was impressed that the proprietor at least responded. However, he failed to respond to the question which was implicit in this customer's complaint, which is this: Why did this FFL123 customer have to justify himself to FFL123 that he had an 'acceptable' reason for wanting a refund? Isn't the guarantee 'Satisfaction or your money back" (actually 150% of your money)?

My answer is that FFL123 does not want to get scammed by people who think that not only can they get their money back but also actually make a profit in the transaction. That's why I think  1) it's a bad idea for businesses to offer MORE than their customer originally paid if the customer is dissatisfied; and 2) It's a REALLY bad idea for  customers to do business with companies which offer such inflated 'Satisfaction Guaranteed' refunds, because if they are genuinely dissatisfied, they are likely to run into the sort of roadblocks which this Ripoff Report(er) encountered when he decided that FFL123's product was not satisfactory to him.

I was on the verge of purchasing one of FFL123's products until I ran across this report and response. I might end up purchasing it, but not before I take a look around to see what other resources are available to folks seeking to become an FFL dealer.

I'd be very interested to learn whether this customer did eventually acquire an FFL.

Great Service

AUTHOR: Cicero - (United States of America)

I've recently purchased the FFL123 web program and it has been a huge help. It has the forms there to download or info how to get from ATF. The program guides you through the paper work and how to fill it out if you are uncertain. The program also help you prepare by giving you guidance on how to deal with local zoning and home owners associations. He also has section to give advice on where to buy and set up accounts to start out with your business. I have emailed Brandon the owner a few times with questions and he has always responded promptly with answers. It has been well worth the money I had spent and I believe made the process for me easier. I'm waiting now for my ATF interview and reviewing the FFL Mega Reference Guide that's included, preparing for the interview. Can you do this on your on? Sure you can, the FFL program just made it easier for me. Hope this helps.

#5 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Owner's Response & Side of the Story

AUTHOR: FFL123.com Owner - (United States of America)

FFL123.com provides a service to customers and the service comes with digital content and expert help from the owner.  As a business, we are required to have a firm refund policy, as all companies do that sell and provide digital content as their sole business model.

Scott emailed us and said he had reviewed our digital materials he purchased and determined he was not eligible to obtain an FFL License in his area and wanted his money back. We researched his location and found his claims to be untrue.  We explained the obstacles he noted as keeping him from obtaining an FFL License were commonly perceived issues and we showed him several home based FFLs that are already approved in his local area.  We reassured him we are here to help and will work with him to ensure he gets approved.  We reminded him we will refund his money if ATF denies his application, so really no risk as ATF refunds their fees as well if denied.

Scott then admitted the real reason he wanted a refund, he did not have time to deal with the application process currently.  We assured him we would be able to help when he had time to apply as there is no need to rush the process.

In summary, a customer purchased our product, accessed and reviewed the content digitally, decided he did not have time to apply currently and then requested a full refund.  We have been in business many years and have over 35,000 happy customers.  We stand by our policy for digital content, if you use our services and then decide you dont want to pursue, we are unable to provide a refund.

We are disappointed Scott has decided to provide misleading and false information about our company online, as a service business we work hard to help all customers be successful.  We have contacted our legal team to address his open statement that he plans to slander our company online; this is unprofessional, illegal, and we will not tolerate threats or false claims.

Thanks for allowing us to provide our side of this story.  We have provided an outstanding service over many years to many thousands of customers and appreciate the opportunity to serve more.

God Bless,