Complaint Review: www.Infofree.com

• Submitted: Thu, February 02, 2012
  • Updated: Tue, February 14, 2012

• Reported By: Kosmo1st — Bethlehem Pennsylvania United States of America
www.Infofree.com
1300 S El Camino Real Suite #380 San Mateo, CA 944 Internet United States of America

www.Infofree.com Charged for No Service Internet

When I realized after 10 minutes I didn't want their service I tried to call
them, NO ONE ANSWERED.

I called 4 times NO ONE ANSWERED. I finally got a costumer service rep, who
emailed me.

I stated what I did. He then instructed me that I should close my account.
Which I did immediately.

I then asked for a refund which he REFUSED to give me. He stated I have used
the system; however the system that was provided wasn't what I wanted, which I
had told him hours after purchasing the bad service. He is charging me $49.99
for one hour of service which is supposed to be for the month.

If you wish to run an ethical business you should refund money to people you
did not provide a service for. I feel this company is not reputable and will
compensate of others the same way.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/02/2012 09:43 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/wwwInfofreecom/internet/wwwInfofreecom-Charged-for-No-Service-Internet-832757. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on www.Infofree.com

Terms and Conditions

AUTHOR: Employee #2 - (United States of America)

The terms and services state that a refund will not be given if downloads occur based on the value of the data.

The refund cannot be given based upon this usage.

Infofree.com

AUTHOR: Kosmo1st - (United States of America)

"This customer signed up for our services at $49.95 and within the first hour downloaded 19 lists including over 70,000 records."

"He then requested a 'full' refund, which he was not given based upon his access. Which would cost over $7,000 from many list providers."

My response--->

Yes I did download some contacts; Im not a liar, however I was trying to figure out how the program worked. Had Infofee.com's customer service had answered the phone (poor customer service) they could have assisted me. $7,000 is a made up number.

I have no Idea how the company came up with this figure.  What does $7,000 refer to? I only used the program for a few
hours in which I could not obtain assistance in any way. The nature of there service is not what I wanted, which I could only find out after exploring the program, VERY BREIFLY. I was finally instructed hours later to close my account, which I did. Only to find out that didnt help in anyway, because Im being CHARGED for 30 days when I only used the program from a few hours. When you purchase something and don't like it can't you can a refund when the business is creditable and reliable? I know you can even take shoes back to any store and get a full refund even if you wore them. Never buy from a substandard company that will never give you a refund.

infofree.com

AUTHOR: Employee #2 - (United States of America)

The refund cannot be given based upon this usage.

InfoFree.com

AUTHOR: Kosmo1st - (United States of America)

When I have received a Refund
I will remove the Post.

Thank you.

Help me correct this issue

AUTHOR: Bob Smith - (United States of America)

I greatly apologize for any inconvenience you might have encountered.  I have not heard about this issue and would like to help you get your item resolved.

I am the Chief Technology Officer of this company and would argue that we are a very legitimate business.  We do have a refund policy to protect from abuse, but based on your complaint you should be privileged to a full refund.

Please contact the company again, and make sure Bob is aware of your issue.  I will make sure this is resolved properly.

Again I apologize for your inconvenience and hope I can help you resolve this issue.