Complaint Review: www.Shoppingcardstore.com

• Updated: Wed, July 24, 2013

• Reported By: Amy — Grabill Indiana
www.Shoppingcardstore.com
, Select State/Province USA

www.Shoppingcardstore.com Received a flyer from Ben Davis saying I had won one of 4 prizes--a 300$ gift card to their online store. Car dealerships using shady/scams to get customers Internet Nationwide

On or about Monday July 22, 2013 I received a promotional flyer in the mail from Ben Davis car dealership offering down payment assistance and a contest/giveaway. According to the flyer my combination numbers matched my "scratch-off" numbers and I had apparently won one of 4 prizes (10k$; 2 new iPad mini's; 300$ giftcard; or 150$ cash.

I mean don't get me wrong, in these tough economic times winning 10K would be great! But lets be realistic here: "If [a contest or prize] sounds too good to be true...."

And mind you the whole thing smelled of scam, but up till that point, I hadn't spent any actual money so I had to see how far this went. Was this newly remodled dealership really into stooping so low as to offer prizes (AKA scam)  as incentive???  I find this shady even for them! The overly friendly salesman introduced himself, asked me a few questions then left to get my "prize"--the 300$ gift card (I'm sure everyone got that).

A few hours later I decided I had to see what I had really won. Upon Googling www.shoppingcardstore.com where the card seems to have originated, I read several reviews and reports outlining the usual: can't reach owners, noone to reimburse any monies, charged huge fees, AKA SCAM!

My final thoughts: it seems illlegal to draw people in to sell them a vehicle using shady tactics and then only reward with misleading/false prizes??

Probably why I'd rather have a root canal then buy a @#$%ing car!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/24/2013 09:04 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/wwwShoppingcardstorecom/Select-StateProvince/wwwShoppingcardstorecom-Received-a-flyer-from-Ben-Davis-saying-I-had-won-one-of-4-prize-1069633. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on www.Shoppingcardstore.com