Socialist

• Submitted: Tue, April 13, 2010
  • Updated: Tue, April 13, 2010

• Reported By: Anonymous — Sylvester Georgia United States of America
www.Turtleshack.com

www.Turtleshack.com Sold infected turtles and will not credit account or replace Internet

Less than 7 days ago I received 3 baby pet red ear slider turtles from turtleshack.com

Within 2 days of 1st having the turtles in their habitat there was a putrid smell.  We cleaned the habitat and started over.  Two days later it was worse than ever and 1 baby turtle had died.  24 hours later they were all dead.  My 8 year old daughter was devastated and had funeral services for Franklin, Crush and Squirt the turtles.

I contacted the company and after their "health guarantee" and paying 36.95 for shipping for these turtles they refused to credit my account the 9.95 for the turtles.  This is less the 36.95 for shipping I paid!  They also said no replacements either!  What they wanted me to do was to put my child through turmoil and FREEZE the dead turtles and ship them back to the company and THEN they would credit me 9.95.  So who in their right mind would freeze dead turtles along with other food items and then pay to ship the dead turtles back for a 9.95 credit when it originally cost me over $50!  Never again will I do business with this place, nor will I recommend it.  This place was well aware that these turtles were a childs pet and after ordering and receiving them I found out it was illegal to sell these in the state of GA less than 4" long and these were not!  I have pictures!  I found this out from a local pet store.  BEWARE and do not shop with turtleshack.com  Do your homework and research them before buying...you will be sorry you did and your child may be very sick because of it if you do!!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/13/2010 11:21 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/wwwTurtleshackcom/internet/wwwTurtleshackcom-Sold-infected-turtles-and-will-not-credit-account-or-replace-Internet-592793. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on www.Turtleshack.com