Complaint Review: www.centralwatches.com

• Updated: Fri, July 30, 2010

• Reported By: D.V. Jones — Norwalk Connecticut United States of America
www.centralwatches.com
138 East Layfatte St., 2nd floor New York, New York United States of America

centralwatches.com Central Watches.com Bait and Switch ; Prefect Rip-off Artist New York, New York

*Consumer Comment: Do you realize what you said?

*Consumer Comment: willing to help

As I have only seen some other recent activity around fraud from www.Centralwatches.com, I wanted to add my experience to prevent others from falling into the same trap! 1.) I did my research for several weeks trying to find a 'Grade 1 Swiss' watch.  This company was even on other sites recommendations list. Little did I think the owner of this site may have owne that as well... 2.) I called directly to have some questions answered first by 'Tom', then 'Brady', then 'Joe' all different calls but sounded like the same person first red flag... 3.) I also took the leap of faith and tried to do a credit card order... within 30 minutes I got a call saying 'no credit card payment accepted' only C.O.D. This was a person named Christine at phone #201-210-1686 4.) I get the package at the post office as what looks like should be the 'rolex box' but is actually a stuffed USPS postal box with another box, with a padded envelope inside with a small ziplock bag and a watch. 5.) The watch was the wrong style, and did not even work!  Unfreakying believeable.

Lastly I talked to a guy 'Tom Baker' who gave me an email address 'ordernewyork@ yahoo.com' to send the details and said they would send out a replacement - two weeks later no replacement and the phone voicemail is full with noone taking calls at 347-463-4593 or 201-210-1686.  The watch is a worthless piece of crap. Worst of all, this was going to be a placeholder for my bride-to-be for when I could buy the real thing!!!

If any lawyer would like to pick up my case as part of a class action law-suit, I would happily provide the needed information to go after this company today. I willl start my own investigation with my current legal council.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/08/2010 11:38 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/wwwcentralwatchescom/New-York-New-York-10013/centralwatchescom-Central-Watchescom-Bait-and-Switch-Prefect-Rip-off-Artist-New-York-621500. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on www.centralwatches.com

Do you realize what you said?

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

I get the package at the post office as what looks like should be the 'rolex box' but is actually a stuffed USPS postal box with another box, with a padded envelope inside with a small ziplock bag and a watch...Worst of all, this was going to be a placeholder for my bride-to-be for when I could buy the real thing!!!

- So you basically admit that you knew you were going to get a "fake rolex".  Yet you are surprised that you were scammed.  Does anything seem wrong with this?

willing to help

AUTHOR: nick - (United States of America)

Well they scammed me also so if i can be of help please contact me here. Also if your attorney or poilce need help im willing to help them get his real address, Thomas street , N.Y. im getting very close to having a talk with him and asking him what happened.