Complaint Review: www.cigarbid.com

*General Comment: Not so Fast

*General Comment: Lmfao

*Consumer Comment: Cigar Bid is no scam

*Consumer Comment: Cigarbid.com

*Consumer Comment: You cut them all open? Learn how to use a humidor and Custosmer Service

*Consumer Comment: Chill, Vomiting Slasher!

*Consumer Suggestion: Cigar bid

*Author of original report: CIGARBID.COM = BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE!

What www.cigarbid.com does not tell you is how good the quality of the cigars are or where the cigars come from. There really is no telling where they come from, or how well the cigars have been kept humidified. A good quality cigar can be ruined within days if it isn't kept within the right humidification.

WHAT CIGAR BID DID TO ME!

I love to sit out on my patio and enjoy a nice cigar while I watch my kids play out in the yard! I am a cigar enthusiast and have been for quite some time now! I know a lot of the different varieties of cigars as well as where they come from, why they taste the way they do, what causes the level of strengths in each cigar, and how to take care of them when you have them at home. Cigar smoking is a passion and one that I deeply consider to be one of mine!

On 5/5/2012 I visited the www.cigarbid.com website and began bidding on whats called a free fall auction. They start the price of the cigars at one price and began to drop the price every second allowing you to catch the cigars at the lowest price. I bidder on a bundle of 20 Rocky Patel Connecticut cigars and won them at $45.15. Not bad right? I was very excited and couldn't wait to receive my cigars in the mail! The day they came in the mail I felt like a kid that just received a christmas present and ripped the box open right away! Inside I found my cigars nicely wrapped in a package but immediately realized that there was no kind of humidification device in the package. Not thinking much more into it I placed the cigars in my humidor and went about my day.

About a week later my father in law came by to visit me and I pulled on of the cigars out and sent him home with it. That night I decided it was time to try one for myself and so I began toasting the stick which lit up very quickly and took a big puff! The taste of the cigar was so repulsive that I vomited right their on my patio, loosing my wonderful dinner my wife prepared earlier! I threw the cigar down and went inside to investigate that rest of them. Taking a sharp razor blade I began cutting them in half to expose the tobacco within the connecticut wrapper. What I found was brittle dried out leaves that literally crumbled in my hands! I was PISSED!! Every single of them were this way! Not even one of the cigars was capable of being smoked!

I decided it was time to contact www.cigarbid.com and see if I could get a refund or replacement! What the lady told me had me cursing on the phone! She told me that because I had cut the cigars that there was nothing that they would do for me. I pleaded saying "Mamm, your company made a mistake by sending my bad cigars, and I made a mistake by cutting them to see if at least one of them was worth smoking?" I asked to at least be sent one good cigar that I could enjoy after spending $50.00 on 20 that where bad! Again she said that there was nothing that she would do! How's that for some customer service!

My suggestion would be to never order anything from www.cigarbid.com. This is an untrustworthy company that could care less about customer service! I WILL NEVER order a cigar from the site again myself! I will also do everything in my power to tell the world what this company has done to me!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/14/2012 12:10 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/wwwcigarbidcom/Bethlehelm-Pennsylvania-18015/wwwcigarbidcom-Cigar-Bid-SCAM-UNTRUSTWORTHY-882528. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on www.cigarbid.com

Always fair and square to me

AUTHOR: Yankeelawdog - (USA)

I've been purchasing cigars from Cigarbid.com and their affiliated company, Cigars International for years.  While I've had an occasional dry cigar, all the rest have been perfectly satisfactory. They always answer my email inquiries within less than 24 hours and have even called me to discuss questions I've had.  They offer quality cigars at very reasonable prices especially on their auction site.  I am sorry to hear that others have not had the same good experience as I have had.

#2 General Comment

Cigarbid has always been fair to me

AUTHOR: Andy - ()

Have been bidding and buying for years from Cigarbid.  Last month, an item I had won was found to be out of stock due to sales.  They e-mailed me and offered a more expensive item as a replacement.  I jumped on the deal and am very glad the original was out of stock.

I have found that any cigar that is that dry can be brought back to life even after a short period of time if done properly.  I had dry (most non Cuban cigars are cellophane wrapped and a simple squeeze will tell the tale if smokeable or not) and knew immediately of what to do.  Generally, any cigar can remain smokeable for decades if you treat them right like a fine wine.  Any Google search would reveal the remedy to just about any problem.

If someone really enjoys a good cigar has obviously had a few before and should know how to spot a dry one (usually a single stick being dry should be a hint to re-hydrate the remaining).  You would not destroy a product completely and expect a refund/replacement from any retailer on this planet.  Most vendors would get a free replacment from the manufacturer for poor quality product returned by them.

I have bought hundreds of cigars from Cigarbid and never had this type of problem.  I have also learned that you should never get drunk and do anything related to the internet and public forums.

Not in my experience

AUTHOR: cgarmike - ()

Afer reading this I just had to voice my opinion.  I have just starte purchasing cigars fromm cigarbid and I have been very pleased.  I had used cigarsinternational prior to cigarbid and I have found that the cigars I have rexeived from cigarbid are excellent quality, just as they always are from cigarsinternational.  The cigars from both sources have always been delivered fresh, well packed and of the high quality I expect from premium cigars.  I believe a bad batch can once in a great while be made, since they are all handmade by humans, but that has not been my experience yet and I'm am confident that if I happened to receive a batch of cigars that wre not up to standarrd, that if I simply commuicated that to cigarbid immediatly some kind of resolution would be reached.  I will keep bidding and buying from cigarbid.com.  Very happy customer

#4 General Comment

Not so Fast

AUTHOR: steve - ()

I have been a customer of Cigar Bid for years and love their service. I have purchased hundreds of cigars from them and have been 100% satisfied. Because Cigars have to be warehoused and shipped there is always the chance you could get a bad cigar or bunch. Even buying from you local Cigar Shop is no guarantee you will get  a perfect cigar. As with anything that is made by man there is the chance for error. I love Cigar Bid and plan on making several Christmas purchases from them. Thank you Cigar Bid for making my favorite smokes affordable.

#5 General Comment

Lmfao

AUTHOR: Diz - ()

Wow buddy, as i am smoking a 5 vegas gold torpedo bought from cigarbid.com. You are an idiot! I hope you have no children to bare your name, for fear they may have the same idiotic tendencies! Ok, on to the matter at hand the acual site. Cigarbid.com is a fare site and they send quality product. Anyone that states otherwise is uncorrect. And yes they are a sister site of CI. Anything you would buy from that site you could see on cigarbid. I am not a cigar international employee just a loyal customer! Just a rule of thumb as others have stated dont destroy your online purchases... They rarely ask for reasons because you are unhappy with your product. Just repackage and pay for return shipping and youll recieve a refund or credit.

thank you for the laugh by the way, i enjoyed reading your ubsurd rant!

P.s. i just nubbed my cigar and enjoyed every minute of it!

Cigar Bid is no scam

AUTHOR: JoeLepore154 - ()

Cigarbid's parent company is Cigar International. You can definetly get great deals on Cigarbid. As far as Cigarbid cutting deals with manufacturers to produce a less quality smokes with the same cigar band on them is ridiculous. Can they be dried out? Maybe. In 4 years of dealing with them I have only had a few 5 packs that I was disappointed in. I returned them and got a refund. Whenever I get a delivery from them I always put them in my humidor and let them sit for a few days before smoking one. However, when I returned the few 5 packs that I have I returned them in good shape. Cutting them open and then asking for a refund is crazy. You should have boxed them up after you smoked a couple and I am certain you would have received a refund.

Cigarbid.com

AUTHOR: Richard - (United States of America)

Just to balance off the somewhat strident comments of the guy who threw up smoking a Rocky Patel Conn., I have been a customer of CigarBid for some years and to date hav received nothing but as advertised.  This guy seems to me more of a drama queen than a cigar smoker, but then who knows.  Just wanted to balance off his assertions.  I have no connection to CigarBid other than an order every 4 to 6 weeks.

You cut them all open? Learn how to use a humidor and Custosmer Service

AUTHOR: Numismaniac - (United States of America)

Hey Brother,

You gotta be kidding me. You cut them ALL open. One would have been enough for you to see the tobacco was dry, and needed to be slowly re-humidified, if anything.

Give them a longer "rest" in the humidor next time, join the forum there, and learn a little. I don't blame C.S. What you did makes very little sense!

If you would have called them and told them you didn't like them, there's a good chance they would have exchanged for a credit,  that would be different, but you cut them ALL, after one, what were you looking for?

I would suggest buying a better cigar as well. A few days in a plastic ziplock, or their original pkg. is normal, many companies do not humidify for  shipping.

I have received many shipments in this manner, and have no problems.

Chill, Vomiting Slasher!

AUTHOR: A.C. Hill - (United States of America)

Thank you, though, for the entertainment. Got a healthy chuckle out of it, as a cigar lover for some 37 years now, and not an employee, nor connected in any way, with Cigar Bid, a company I've read many good things about.

Okay, Vomiting Slasher, you got dry cigars. Sounds to me like they dried out before they were shipped -- in transit, boxed up, moisture escapes far too slowly for them to go bad from sitting on a UPS truck for a few days, which is why retailers do not need to put a humidification device in the package. No matter, though. You nonetheless got bad cigars and werd entitled to a refund or exchange.

You may or may not know that when you buy something online, or by mail order, you don't even need to state a reason to get a refund, as long as you return the merchandise in the same condition you received them, and within 30 days. Sure, you're allowed to smoke one and send back the rest, and the company won't fault someone for trying two or three out of a box of twenty. But you can't ruin every one of them and expect to be reimbursed!

I can tell you, from experience, that you will have gotten little, if any, sympathy from folks like me who've read your complaint. The other part of requesting your money back would, of course, have been for you to return what you decided, by your right to do so, had at that point become Cigar Bid's property again. Do you see this?

What were you thinking, slicing open every cigar in the bunch? Any cigar "enthusiast" would have been able, after trying a couple of them, to tell if the others were any good -- a simple squeeze is all it takes. Yes, you admitted to the Cigar Bid lady your mistake. That's good, but it's not for you to design a goodwill policy for their company, even if you're bigtime into countries of origin and why cigars taste the way they do.

And shame on you -- really -- for cursing out this woman, who's probably earning just minimum wage and was being truthful with you in saying there was nothing further she could do for you. Didn't you recognize at that point that she had not been empowered to spend the owners' money giving you free stuff on top of your money back?

I suggest you become "passionate" about developing some common sense and good manners. There will always be good cigars in the world, and never enough gentlemen.

#10 Consumer Suggestion

Cigar bid

AUTHOR: proton - (United States of America)

Years back I had a similar situation with a box of new labeled and highly touted  cigars won from Cigar Bid.  They were so hard draw that they were unsmokeable.  After clipping about half the box and not finding one good one I cut one of the cigars lengthwise to look inside.  The cigar revealed ground pieces of aromatic tobacco that had been added to enhance flovor. Unfortunately, it also blocked airflow. I called Cigarbid and explained what happened and that I had clipped some and sliced one but could return all in the box so they could do their own inspection.  They agreed and replaced the box.  Unfortunately, the replacement cigars were no better than the originals. I emailed the cigar maker but did not receive a reply.  Again, I returned the cigars and asked for a credit which they provided. The cigars went out of production and have never returned.   Cigarbid was very helpful and I have never had a problem with cigars from them since.  Maybe it was the wrong time of the month to talk to that service rep.   The supervisor may have been able to help you.   I sincerely hope that they have not changed their good service policies.  I guess I will find out the next time I have a problem.

CIGARBID.COM = BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE!

AUTHOR: Anonymous - (USA)

www.cigarbid.com  is a company that host 24 hour cigar auctions online! They have different types of auctions that members of the site can bid on!  What www.cigarbid.com did not tell me is how good the quality of the cigars are or where the cigars come from. There really is no telling where they come from, or how well the cigars have been kept humidified. A good quality cigar can be ruined within days if it isn't kept within the right humidification.

WHAT CIGAR BID DID TO ME!
I love to sit out on my patio and enjoy a nice cigar while I watch my kids play out in the yard! I am a cigar enthusiast and have been for quite some time now! I know a lot about the different varieties of cigars as well as where they come from, why they taste the way they do, what causes the level of strengths in each cigar, and how to take care of them when you have them at home. Cigar smoking is a passion and one that I deeply consider to be one of mine!

On 5/5/2012 I visited the www.cigarbid.com website and began bidding on whats called a free fall auction. They start the price of the cigars at one price and began to drop the price every second allowing you to catch the cigars at the lowest price. I won an auction, a bundle of 20 Rocky Patel Connecticut cigars at $45.15. Not bad right?

I was very excited and couldn't wait to receive my cigars in the mail! The day they came in the mail I felt like a kid that just received a christmas present and ripped the box open right away! Inside I found my cigars nicely wrapped in a package but immediately realized that there was no kind of humidification device in the package. Not thinking much more into it I placed the cigars in my humidor and went about my day. About a week later my father in law came by to visit me and upon his departure I grabbed out one of the cigars and sent him home with it. That night I decided it was time to try one for myself so I began toasting the stick which lit up very quickly and took a big puff! The taste of the cigar was so repulsive that I vomited right their on my patio, loosing my wonderful dinner my wife prepared earlier! I threw the cigar down and went inside to investigate that rest of them.

Taking a sharp razor blade I began cutting them in half to expose the tobacco within the connecticut wrapper. What I found was brittle dried out leaves that literally crumbled in my hands! I was PISSED!! Every single of them were this way! Not even one of the cigars was capable of being smoked! I decided it was time to contact www.cigarbid.com and see if I could get a refund or replacement! What the customer service rep told me had me cursing on the phone! She told me that because I had cut the cigars that I could not return them and there was nothing that they would do for me. I pleaded saying "Mamm, your company made a mistake by sending me bad cigars, and I made a mistake by cutting them to see if at least one of them was worth smoking?" I asked to at least be sent one good cigar that I could enjoy after spending $50.00 on 20 that were bad! Again she said that there was nothing that she would do! How's that for some customer service! My suggestion would be to never order anything from www.cigarbid.com.