Complaint Review: www.countrystore2000.com (N.Y. Smith)

• Submitted: Mon, January 24, 2000
  • Updated: Mon, January 24, 2000

• Reported By:McIntosh Mn
www.countrystore2000.com (N.Y. Smith)
1718 S Quintero Way Aurora, Colorado U.S.A.

www.countrystore2000.com

Hi,
I ordered a water filter and other items (to the tune of $471.42) from www.countrystore2000 on Nov, 9th in anticipation of Y2K. I started to get worried by the beginning of Dec. because it was to have been shipped immediately. Payment was made by I-check (which is a paperless internet check company which asks you for your bank account information through a secure online site). I recieved my bank statement and the check went through on Nov. 15th. I then started to feel like I had been duped. I then e-mailed every address on the site and called every phone number numerous times to no avail. No matter what don't have the delusion that I-check is guaranteed because the check is direct deposited to the store's account (I-check has no responsibility for anything of course). So here I am stuck with a cashed check and no usable contact info for the company. The worst part though is that I recently went back to the site and it had been updated on Dec. 27. When I saw that I sent them a certified letter stating this. Now I just looked at the site again and that info was erased. So I looked up the page properties in Internet Explorer and Lo and behold they modified the page on Jan. 24! Looks like they're still in business. The lesson to be learned from this is to never ever use I-check because you never know who you are dealing with. My email address is bretts@gvtel.com please email me if you can help me or have gotten the shaft from these people yourselves.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/24/2000 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/wwwcountrystore2000com-NY-Smith/Aurora-Colorado-80014/wwwcountrystore2000com-1170. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on www.countrystore2000.com (N.Y. Smith)