rank

• Updated: Mon, May 12, 2014

• Reported By: Disappointed — California
www.earthlink.net
Internet USA

www.earthlink.net canceled account and then offered to reinstate account ONLy by reading my full credit card info to someone in a foreign country. Internet

When my email account which I have had with Earthlink for over 15 years, was suspended recently, I tracked it down to having a compromised credit card on file which had been replaced by a new number. I was blocked from accessing any earthlink functions. So I called and then tried the customer "service" chat line. In both cases I was told to give my full card information over the phone and on the chat line to someone in a service center in another country. When I told them this was against Visa and MC rules - providing open full card information - they told me this was the only way I could reinstate my account.

You would think in this day and age of credit card compromises and identity theft that Earthlink would at least have an online gateway to process secure transactions for delinquent accounts. Sad that they lost a 15 year customer over demanding an insecure credit card payment process. I would not recommend earthlink for any business web hosting as they have not even figured out how to allow someone to update their information over a secure gateway for themselves.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/12/2014 02:57 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/wwwearthlinknet/internet/wwwearthlinknet-canceled-account-and-then-offered-to-reinstate-account-ONLy-by-reading-1145996. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on www.earthlink.net