Complaint Review: www.giftcards.com

• Reported By: LFlores — San Francisco California
www.giftcards.com
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania USA

www.giftcards.com Gift Card Expiration Pittsburgh Pennsylvania

I purchased a gift card in 2006 from www.giftcards.com for $150.00.  The card was misplaced by the recipient and later found.  The card has an "expiration date" of November 2008.  I made a phone call inquiring and was told that there would be a $4.95 charge to reissue.  I concurred and was asked to provide my mailing address.  I was told that I'd get a confirming phone call when the card had been mailed.A few days later I had not heard back from anyone.  I phoned again and was told that the entire $150.00 card had "expired" and they would not reissue.  I read a bit on the California Department of Consumer Affairs, and I don't think this is legal.  I, the consumer, am out $150.00.  This doesn't seem legal.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/21/2013 12:51 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/wwwgiftcardscom/Pittsburgh-Pennsylvania/wwwgiftcardscom-Gift-Card-Expiration-Pittsburgh-Pennsylvania-1077850. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on www.giftcards.com