inevitably

• Updated: Sun, May 06, 2012

• Reported By: James — Beaumont Texas United States of America
www.grasscity.com
SJV, P.O. Box 20651, 1001 NR Amsterdam Internet United States of America

www.grasscity.com http://www.grasscity.com/us_en/ Took cash, claimed it never arrived after 40+ days. Internet

*Author of original report: Also:

*Author of original report: Not a rebuttal, but a new perspective:

WARNING: DO NOT SEND GRASSCITY.COM YOUR HARD EARNED CASH! After several successful orders, I went to buy a $70 pre-cooler for my Blaze Glass bong. My cash went completely missing for the first time -- in previous orders I had even sent a letter or two under the correct postage and they had received it. In this case, I sent it with more postage than necessary, even flattened the envelope to look as professional as possible. After a week or two went by, I sent a help request which went answered simply "We are waiting for your payment". This continued in a similar fashion even 3 weeks after that - a total of 35 and then 40 days going by inbetween making payment and the last e-mail.

They then claimed "Nothing is certain in life, only death" and that "Your mail may never arrive". When I asked them what was going on they immediately got extremely defensive about their store and even went so far as to claim that they would "tell the illegal or not-so-illegal nature of my business" if I were to call customs and get involved with the tracking of my letter. [continued below]....
.....

These guys have shown they _will_ take cash, especially if sent first class. I have absolutely no respect for these bastards after this - I don't care how many previous orders I received. They are absolutely scummy and if you must pay, I would not suggest using bank transfer or first class cash as others have said that they will drag out the process for both. Apparently you cannot get your bank to chargeback on international payments, and first class letters will not even "arrive" -- aka it will go directly into the pockets of Guy Descartes, Sacha Bronwasser, or Rummy Lane. I would watch out for even credit card orders -- apparently registered mail with all tracking/services purchased for it can at the very least be tracked to an extent so you can see they will take your money.

Overall I would just say go with another company. These guys have a large overhead for shipping, and the products are not even all that great for the price. There are cheaper companies with the same glass, and companies out there with similar prices for better glass. Don't get your money stolen -- don't go with Grasscity.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/05/2012 09:39 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/wwwgrasscitycom/internet/wwwgrasscitycom-httpwwwgrasscitycomusen-Took-cash-claimed-it-never-arrived-aft-849267. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on www.grasscity.com

Also:

AUTHOR: James C. - (United States of America)

I'd just like to say that the name calling, etc I displayed in the first post is unprofessional and I'd edit it if I could. This company is not nearly as bad as I claimed; they have at least stayed calm during the loss of my money and the transaction that followed. I don't really have any proof that they stole my first letter, however I also have never encountered in my life a letter being "lost in the mail" - several of the same kind arriving previously. However, I know now that I have to pay extra at USPS if I want my payment's arrival to be ensured.

Not a rebuttal, but a new perspective:

AUTHOR: James C. - (United States of America)

I was reasonably pissed to lose $70, whether there's the remote chance it's the postal service's fault or it is Grasscity's. However, I did break my old piece and have since found a better ashcatcher producer for cheaper regardless. That didn't fix my piece problem, and Grasscity was the only website that was taking cash in mail. I sent a registered letter to them, tracked, and they actually did receive this time and have since contacted me saying my order would be shipped.

That at least speaks to their respectability to give even disgruntled, returning customers service, and they know about this report (which I cannot remove). They received my payment 9-10 days ago and I assume they will be shipping after I respond, as customer service has said. To Grasscity, although I may have lashed out in a passionate rage about my losses earlier, you are respectable when sent traceable currency. The postal service may have screwed up my last letter, who knows. I cannot 100% prove they didn't.

I was more likely than not a little rash in my initial report; Grasscity will not outright scam you with traceable currency. They are respectable enough to ship my order (a little late perhaps) but nonetheless, I respect that.