Complaint Review: www.hotwire.com

• Submitted: Sun, November 13, 2011
  • Updated: Sun, November 13, 2011

• Reported By: Anonymous — Tampa Florida United States of America
www.hotwire.com

www.hotwire.com hotwire Bait and Switch Car rental Scam www.hotwire.com, Internet

I was going to book a full-size car for $37.88 bu the website link appeared to be "broken". So I called the number and gave them the reference id for this price. The guy on the phone said I could book the car at that price and then right before payment said "oh that car is no longer available... you can book the same one for $66 though."

I asked him why the price increased almost 90% during checkout and he said the deals change by the minute and that the $66 was still a very good price and that I should book it. I told him I wanted nothing to do with these bait and switch scams and that I'd never do business with them again. Not out any money but they did waste 45 minutes of my life .

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/13/2011 07:36 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/wwwhotwirecom/internet/wwwhotwirecom-hotwire-Bait-and-Switch-Car-rental-Scam-wwwhotwirecom-Internet-797496. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on www.hotwire.com