Complaint Review: www.kayak.com

• Updated: Wed, March 24, 2010

• Reported By: Nev — Denver Colorado United States of America
www.kayak.com

kayak.com Kayak.com NOT honoring advertised fares Internet

*Consumer Comment: Kayak is only a search engine.

I first started researching fares for Turkish Airlines a few weeks ago. Last week, I spent two full days on the internet and the cheapest fare I found was $858 on www.kayak.com and www.sidestep.com. I clicked to buy this ticket and both websites sent me to Turkish Airlines website, which then displayed a fare of $997. This is 16% higher than what was advertised for purchase. I complained to Kayak.com and Sidestep.com via their online feedback mechanism. They replied, but did not honor the published fare. I also called Turkish Airlines, and the representative said he could not match the $858 fare, and gave me an email address to lodge my complaint with the Turkish Airlines online web staff. They too replied but did not honor the fare. Yesterday, I got a fair with flythere4less.com (subsidiary of ATI Flights International) for $893. I booked the flight and entered my credit card information. I even got their confirmation via email that the fare was booked. Today, I called them to make sure the e-ticket was being processed, and was told that they too could not honor the price. I did a print screen of my computer and have proof that the price advertised by Kayak.com and Sidestep.com was not honored. I also have email confirmation from flythere4less.com with the total that was being charged to my account with a confirmation number. They never sent me an e-ticket and canceled the booking unilaterally. I believe there is some sort of problem occurring between these websites and Turkish Airlines. Neither party is honoring the published fare, and pointing the finger at the other party. I don't feel appreciated as a customer and have spent days researching fares online with no tickets to show for all the hard work and time! Once a site publishes a fare for a trip, THEY SHOULD HONOR WHAT THEY ADVERTISE. The legal lingo on their websites is a cop out! By the time they back out of THEIR published rate, other rates have gone up and you end up holding the bill! These companies aren't worth their salt if they don't stand behind their published fares and hide behind 'legalize' on their websites!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/23/2010 06:54 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/wwwkayakcom/internet/kayakcom-Kayakcom-NOT-honoring-advertised-fares-Internet-584720. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on www.kayak.com

Kayak is only a search engine.

AUTHOR: Ceadda - (U.S.A.)

Kayak does not advertise/have any prices at all. Its just a search engine that pulls rates from other sites and takes a cut of the redirects. Stop blaming the wrong company.