Complaint Review: www.petfinder.com

• Submitted: Tue, November 29, 2011
  • Updated: Tue, November 29, 2011

• Reported By: Scott — Sanbruno California USA
www.petfinder.com

www.petfinder.com Pet Rescue, Homeless Cat Network Discriminating against Disabled Internet

DIscovered this organization after attempting to adopt a kitten at Petco In San Bruno who instead of informing them about a kitten we wanted to adopt, just threw the application in a drawer and ended up losing the kitten to another couple. This time around, used their website and only got one reply which had incorrect information from their end. When I called thier number, discovered they had a pet fair in Hillsdale Petsmart so took a train with my two children as my wife is in wheelchair and can't arange transportation same day. When I got there, met two nice volinteers Kay Jones and Rose. They put me in contact with Melissa who ran the adoption area for San Carlos and San Jose who tried talking us into adopting other cats then what we wanted to adopt and also knew about my families disabilitys. After explaining why we wanted these two kittens, and no other pets, she said she would see about getting both sent to the same San Carlos location to make things easyer so we would not have to make many trips. [continued below]....
..... Instead, I ended up calling her at about 11:30am Tuesday to be told both kittens are two shy and would not be compatable with our family and that it would be better if I went to a shelter instead to adopt as none of their cats/kittens would be compatable with my type of family. I then said "Are you telling me because were disabled petfinders does not want us using them to adopt?" She hung up on me, and I wasnt even yelling, just asked a straightfoward question. I have two children, both in school, and as there is no problem raising them, I see no reason why our family can't raise two kittens as wel, but to them this isnt the case.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/29/2011 01:03 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/wwwpetfindercom/internet/wwwpetfindercom-Pet-Rescue-Homeless-Cat-Network-Discriminating-against-Disabled-Interne-802842. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on www.petfinder.com