Complaint Review: www.webshoppingnetwork.co.uk

• Submitted: Thu, March 07, 2013
  • Updated: Thu, March 07, 2013

• Reported By: Kelly — BARNSTAPLE Internet United Kingdom

www.webshoppingnetwork.co.uk Accepted payment for items not received, non contactable, scam, H2O Steam Mop X5, Disconnected Number, Internet

I seem to be another one of the mounting number of people who have fallen victim to this SCAM. This company www.webshoppingnetwork.co.uk popped up as a sponsored link from Amazon.co.uk offering the product I was looking for at a vastly reduced price from that featured on the TV advert.

So I ordered my H20 Steam Mop X5 and transferred the funds to their Natwest account that same day 01/01/2013 receiving from them an online order confirmation.

On 06/02/2013 I received an additional email stating that the item I had ordered was currently out of stock due to the high volume of demand and that they were re-stocking from an alternate supplier within 14 days. As a result of this inconvenience they also stated that they would upgrade my delivery option at no extra cost.

I have repeatedly tried to call them on the telephone number listed on their emails, this rings once and then goes to an engaged or disconnected tone. I have also emailed their customer service team on the sales@webshoppingnetwork.co.uk  address with no response.

I have to confess that right at the beginning I was dubious about this site but because it was a sponsored link from a reputable online source I ignored my gut feeling. This company is very convincing and plausible they explain that they Do Not offer online banking in order to pass the savings directly on to the customer.

I have also since found out that they are not uk based (as they represent) but based in Portugal. I wish I had trusted my initial gut instinct but would warn anyone else please don't part with any cash, it seems that once you have been caught out in this manner there is no recourse. These individuals take advantage and go unpunished and you are left feeling very foolish!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/07/2013 04:37 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/wwwwebshoppingnetworkcouk/internet/wwwwebshoppingnetworkcouk-Accepted-payment-for-items-not-received-non-contactable-sc-1024820. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on www.webshoppingnetwork.co.uk