Complaint Review: Wyndham Vacation Resorts

• Submitted: Sat, December 13, 2008
  • Updated: Sat, December 13, 2008

• Reported By:Norristown Pennsylvania
Wyndham Vacation Resorts
5259 Coconut Creek Parkway, Margate, Florida U.S.A.

Wyndham Vacation Resorts I PAID Wyndham Vacation Resorts to listen to their Shawnee Village timeshare presentation! East Stroudsburg Pocono Mountains Pennsylvania

My husband was contacted by telephone to purchase a 3 night 4 day vacation package for Shawnee Village in East Stroudsburg, PA. He booked over six package months in advance. He was told we would stay in a 2 bedroom condo with full kitchen in Shawnee Villiage. He paid $129.00. He was told he would receive a refund and gift cards for dining in the area after attending the timeshare presentation.

A week before the booking a letter arrived that he had been booked in a local hotel and no mention of the refund and dining gift cards. The hotel booking was in a standard economy room rather than the promised full facility lodging. We attended the presentation and did not choose to buy the timeshare.

At checkout we were told there was no refund and no gifts as promised. I asked to see our checkin slip in hopes that the original details were in writing. I requested the phone number of the marketing company that made the promises. My husband and I left the timeshare office and were accosted in the parking lot by the employee who gave me the checkin slip.

The employee stood in front of my husband and I so that we could not walk. I have never been treated so poorly. The Wyndham employee demanded I give back the paper so she could give it to her manager. At that point we went back inside. The manager never came out to speak to us. Basically, we paid $129.00 to listen to a three hour timeshare presentation.

I contacted Wnydham on several occasions to resolve this matter and they told me I was lying. Beware Wyndham Vacation Resorts will make false promises to get you to their timeshare presentation.

Norristown, Pennsylvania

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/13/2008 09:58 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Wyndham-Vacation-Resorts/Margate-Florida-33063/Wyndham-Vacation-Resorts-I-PAID-Wyndham-Vacation-Resorts-to-listen-to-their-Shawnee-Villag-400981. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Wyndham Vacation Resorts