Complaint Review: Xiloo Jewelry Factory

• Updated: Mon, June 03, 2013

• Reported By: Unsatisfied Business Owner — Greensboro North Carolina
Xiloo Jewelry Factory
NO.208 Kaiji Rd .YW. Zhejiang, China

Xiloo Jewelry Factory Very MISLEADING and Un reliable! Charged for items and not notified UNTIL after!! AVOID THIS COMPANY!! Zhejiang China

I am a Indie Accessory/Fashion Designer who is/was looking to expand my Brand and do Business with US or Foreign Manufacturers based on the Quality and Price. About a month ago I listed on Linked In that I was looking for Qualified/Experienced Manufacturers in the US but i would also consider outside of US given that the said Company was affordable and able to design  with perfection. Not even 24 hrs passed and I was contacted by a person from the Xiloo Jewelry Factory named Stella. She basically saw my post on Linked IN and responded accordingly and even sent attachments of the products they currently supply to ALL US major companies ie; Macys, Forever 21, Kohls and etc. I even checked out the so called website www.xiloo-jewelry.comwhich now coincedentally no longer works)

Now the date is 4/27/13 when i log onto the site and I see the Factory read all of the info and I felt that it was legit... So as me and Stella built up a Rapport and she assured me that they actually could Manufacture the items( I sent her sketches/specs of what I wanted) She stated that she would be contacting me in a few days after my Samples were ready. Mind you after she notified me that they in fact were able to make the products(10 to be exact) for me I asked her in detail HOW MUCH for the items and if there were ANY other details/fees I should know and how the process worked (considering Ive never had items personally made via a Manufacturer) She said no such thing of any other fees EXCEPT for the Pricing for Imitation Gold Plating/14k Gold Plating. I let her know that the PRICE would be the determining factor on if we where to actually be able to do business together being I am a Indie Designer and I finance myself 100%. After she sent me the Price List of 3 items; that I did not want produced( she picked on her own) she listed the prices and they were very reasonable(mind you I was under the impression that I would be paying for the pcs of Jewelry, thats it!) SO of course I said Okay.

5/25/13 I recieved an email stating that my Samples were ready and that I needed to create a UPS account b/c they have no experience shipping to US with any other company. So I created a UPS account after I made sure that it was free. I recieve items 3-4 days later and 2/3 of the items were correct and the last was TOTALLY wrong. Almost as if they just made what they wanted and sent it anyway. I let Stella know and she says "sorry and will make sure" the matter is handled better next time. THEN the red Flag goes up. Last I checked the whole purpose of me sending Pictures and Specifications was so they would know exactly what I wanted!2 days after I recieved the items I get a email from UPS stating that my Invoice was ready. Im like wtf?  So l log on and to my dismay I have a charge of 106.67!!!  By this time I am Livid. I  look into it some more and see if the price somehow included the price of the samples( which I was okay with paying) and it was NOT the case. I wasnt even charged for the samples instead I ws charged shipping, freight AND cargo charges!!!  Nowhere in ANY shape or form did Ms. Stella tell me that I was going to be charged for that. I even aksed her if there was any other info I needed to know reagarding fees. I immediatley began to feel as if i'd been scammed. So I email her asking about the charges and letting her know I nolonger wanted the items or to do business with her Company. This was her response verbatim:

Hi Cece
   Well noted the emial as bellow , and we are so sorry to hear that you didn't know there will be a charge for the samples transport. it's a general rule for beginning the  business , as a supplier we provide the sample for free and the buyer will pay for the frieght charge for samples . for the samples we just make for your for free , the price we listed in price list is for you reference if there will be an order . after cfm with our boss , the samples your got is a special samples we made base on your requested , and there is nothing to do with our other customers , and you can keep them with you .

Now I am upset, dont you think that that would have been USEFUL to let me know PRIOR to?? Not to mention I even ASKED if there were any other fees and etc. SO now im currently in the process of filing a Claim b/c Xiloo Jewelry are acting as if its out of their hands now. EVEN though its there negligence. If you can email me with all your business info and send me Slideshows of your Business why couldnt you also include the "so called" Fees with first time buyers??
 If anyone out there has had a similar problem PLEASE feel free to give some pointers to go about handling this b/c I now have a bill that I refuse to pay but unfortunately im responsible for.   Thanks... I have defenitely learned my lesson!! I will be dealing with USA Manufacturers ONLY!!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/03/2013 03:50 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Xiloo-Jewelry-Factory/Zhejiang-322000/Xiloo-Jewelry-Factory-Very-MISLEADING-and-Un-reliable-Charged-for-items-and-not-notifie-1055856. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Xiloo Jewelry Factory