Complaint Review: xm radio

• Submitted: Sun, March 27, 2011
  • Updated: Mon, March 28, 2011

• Reported By: anonymous — Raleigh North Carolina United States of America
xm radio

xm radio xm radio customer service horrible and fees are outrageous Internet

*Consumer Comment: I love XM Radio

*Consumer Suggestion: Who needs this?

I think XM radio is a total rip off.  Not only do you have to talk to someone in India who doesn't understand english, but they can't even explain the fees and biilling practices. Do NOT sign up for autodraft. You will be charged so often even you can't make heads or tails of your bill. Trying to cancel service once started is hard to do. They are trained to NOT let you cancel. When trying to contact XM abour their practices you hear basically back by email only, no one wants to speak to you directly, no one who speaks english, anyway.
service is 12.95 a month? More like 22 a month after fees.
And they have started to repeat music over and over, it is not like it used to be where you heard lots of music. I think they have condensed a lot of music so you don't hear a wide range of stuff on the same channel. I hear the same song on the way to work as I do on the way home. Try to explain that to India though..

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/27/2011 11:31 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/xm-radio/internet/xm-radio-xm-radio-customer-service-horrible-and-fees-are-outrageous-Internet-710811. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on xm radio

I love XM Radio

AUTHOR: Ramjet - (U.S.A.)

I have had XM radio for several years now and LOVE it.  I do record some music myself to play on the road and I enjoy that too.
However, I like many kinds of music and XM has a huge variety.  I would be very upset if it goes away for some reason.
I have only had to call once or twice to change radio id's and that sort of thing and have no problems at all.

Of course I will now be accused of working for them.  NOT.  XM just provides a service that fits my requirements and we are satisfied with it, it may not meet your requirements. If that's the case, I'd recommend doing something else.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

Who needs this?

AUTHOR: mr. rik - (United States of America)

Who really needs this in their car?  Record your stuff from the net at home onto any number of formats (cd, card, flash drive, cassette) and there ya go.  It would have to be offered at most $5 a month flat before I would even consider it.

curt