Complaint Review: XR Tech Laptop Repair

• Updated: Wed, May 22, 2013

• Reported By: Susan — Southampton Massachusetts
XR Tech Laptop Repair
3005 Broad River Road Columbia, South Carolina USA

XR Tech Laptop Repair Pachaly promised laptop repairs. UPS shipped to him. Computer now missing. His phone number is changed. Columbia South Carolina

I answered by phone an ad in the Yellow Pages for $89 computer repairs.  Bob Pachaly promised to fix the viruses and install Windows 7.   I agreed to have UPS pick up my laptop the next morning at Bob's expense. Eight days later the same box was returned to me by UPS.  The box was very light.  I could not reach Bob since the phone was out of order.  My local police department did a complete report, opening the box and taking pictures of the box which included the inside wrapping materials (still there) and my note to Bob.  The officer did speak with Bob who said he did not receive the computer.  UPS records say the computer was damaged or lost in transit the same day that XR Tech refused to accept an empty box.  UPS tells me that since Bob was the shipper he will receive the insurance money.  I am out a computer, will not receive compensation.  Bob will not accept my phone calls or return them.

I am generally not a suspicious person but given these circumstances and the online history of Bob's abuses and his avoidance of me I wonder what the real story is??!!  Did he somehow take my computer and return the empty box?  Why are there so many complaints against this guy and he is still doing business?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/22/2013 05:45 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/XR-Tech-Laptop-Repair/Columbia-South-Carolina-29210-5919/XR-Tech-Laptop-Repair-Pachaly-promised-laptop-repairs-UPS-shipped-to-him-Computer-now-1053099. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on XR Tech Laptop Repair