Complaint Review: Xterm Pest Management

• Reported By: Tim — ORLANDO United States of America
Xterm Pest Management
1901 West Colonial Drive, Ste 1 Orlando, Florida United States of America

Xterm Pest Management A year of frustratingly poor service. Orlando, Florida

I don't believe I've ever filed an online complaint of a company, but after a year of one frustrating disappointment after another, I finally decided to search for similar stories and found this site. After a suspicious siting of an insect in my home a year ago, I searched for an inexpensive exterminator to come for an inspection and a quote.

Maybe I should have realized there might be problems when Xterm didn't show up for the initial appointment, but that was only the first problem. After an inspection was completed, they gave me a quote for treatment. They missed the treatment appointment, but told me it was due to vehicle problems. When someone finally came to treat the house, they did not complete the work but told me someone else would be coming out in a few days to finish the work.

I believe it was about two weeks later when I finally called (having heard nothing from them) and asked when someone was going to come. I had to call again after more delays, but the work was finally finished. I thought they told me I would be sent paperwork to certify the work had been done, along with the billing for what was still due. This was in the spring. It wasn't until last August that I received an invoice in the mail, but no certification.

That started months of attempts to get the paperwork I requested from them. Multiple calls (with assurances that they would send me the paperwork) and emails and finally a letter that reviewed the history of my problems... none of which resulted in anybody at Xterm showing any real interest in helping me resolve the problem.

I finally called their office again on Monday. They said I still owed them money (I had paid all but $200, promising to pay the balance once I received the paperwork) and that I also needed to have the annual inspection (another charge of over $100) since they held the bond for the service. Could I have switch to another service? Nope, they told me. They held the bond and they had to do the ongoing work.

Fine. Let's get this done. What do I need to do? They said someone would be out this morning around 10AM to inspect and, I assume, to collect payment. I waited around all morning. Nobody showed up. No call. Here we go again... I just want to be done with this mess.

And I want to warn others before they get into it.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/14/2013 09:59 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Xterm-Pest-Management/Orlando-Florida-32804/Xterm-Pest-Management-A-year-of-frustratingly-poor-service-Orlando-Florida-1028614. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Xterm Pest Management