Complaint Review: Xtreme Chemical Company

• Submitted: Mon, February 04, 2008
  • Updated: Sun, June 07, 2009

• Reported By:Cardiff by the Sea California
Xtreme Chemical Company
xccinc.com Plano, Texas U.S.A.

Xtreme Chemical Company Suspected RipOff by Door to Door Salesperson Validated by other Ripoff Reports Plano Texas

*Consumer Comment: product good, sale people not

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: No Ripoff

During the last 2 weeks 2 salespersons from out of town came to my door with a bottle of "high powered biodegradeable" cleaning formula. They were eager to demonstrate. The first person quickly cleaned a portion of my grimy window and showed how the cleaned area was no longer susceptible to finger prints.

I was impressed but did not have the time that day to speak with her further. I even asked if she could come back another day. She couldn't as she was only in town that day.

The next week another person came with Xtreme Kleen which I believe is the same product (I didn't have time to take down the details the first time.) He demonstrated it on my front doorstep and on the plastic door mat in front of the door. Both areas he cleaned were VERY clean, sparkling, with what seemed like very little effort.

Despite the fact that my budget is extremely tight right now, because I have been very disappointed with the cleaning products I am now using I wanted to have some of this. I absolutely could not afford the big bottle and gave him a check for the small ($40) bottle. He said he would bring it back by in an hour (he was on foot and the van with the supplies would be picking him up at that time.)

I made the check out to the Xtreme Company so that it would have to be processed through the company and I would physically have the product in hand before the check was cashed. An hour later he brought me my bottle of Xtreme Kleen.

He said his demonstration had been with ratios of 10 parts water to 1 part Xtreme Kleen. My bottle had listed ratios on it for different jobs and as I wanted to test clean a carpet spot I mixed a small amount of it at the 5:1 ratio recommended for carpets. I wasn't impressed.

I tried the same 5:1 ratio on the door mat next to his trial -- the white letter I cleaned with a 5:1 solution was not as bright white as the letter he had cleaned in the demonstration (with what was supposed to be a 10:1 ratio.) I continued my trials with my 5:1 solution on tiles on my kitchen floor (bottle recommends 10:1 solution). It worked almost as well as the best of my cleaners already in the house (at a price that is at least 5 times the price of my existing cleaner.)

I have spoken with a representative at the company. She did indicate that for spot cleaning a carpet I should be using a 2:1 solution -- 5:1 is for use in a carpet shampoo device. A ratio of 2:1 on the carpet has much better results but is still more expensive than other products I have used and no more effective.

I am convinced that the bottle I received contains an already diluted formula and that the demonstration was done with a much higher concentration than stated. That is a ripoff! I feel the more we read about ripoffs like this the less likely we are to get trapped buying these products that seem so great in the demonstration. My recommendation: don't buy from a door to door salesman from out of state unless you can test your own bottle before you pay any money for it or have a 24 hour period to check out the product and any ripoff reports on it before you buy! I wish I had seen the other ripoff report posted on this site before I purchased the product.

Susana
Cardiff by the Sea, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/04/2008 01:16 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Xtreme-Chemical-Company/Plano-Texas-76074/Xtreme-Chemical-Company-Suspected-RipOff-by-Door-to-Door-Salesperson-Validated-by-other-Ri-306009. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Xtreme Chemical Company

product good, sale people not

AUTHOR: Walldoo99 - (U.S.A.)

My landlady just used this product to clean my window fan and it got all of the cigarette smoke and gunk off of the plastic housing and fan.
It seems to work well but she did buy the concentrate and tested it before she paid. you may want to try this and tell the people that when they bring you the bottle and you test the contents your self you will buy it. But hang on to your money till you do the test and are happy.
I think the product works as it claims buy the people who sold it to you ripped you off by trying to make an extra few bucks

#2 UPDATE EX-employee responds

No Ripoff

AUTHOR: Bishop - (U.S.A.)

The cleaner works. Like anything else bought or sold, if used improperly the product doesnt work or won't work as well as demonstrated. Also too, if not explained properly while being demonstrated it's easy to be confused. The ratio 10:1 does work well on most things. The product bought is not pre-diluted before it is sold. For the plastic on your doormat, try taking the green pad that came in your cleaning kit, put it on the plastic and step on it with your foot and twist back and forth while leaning your weight on it, you should see the same result that the salesperson demonstrated. This stuff jams on carpets. I once took out a 4 year old blood stain out of a carpet using this product. If however you are trying to take out mustard, kool-aid stains, or anything that can discolor your carpet, the stain will just stare back and laugh at you and you'll be pist. The point of the cleaner is to have just one cleaner that is none toxic. If you add all that you spend on all those different cleaners, I'm sure they come out to costing more than the bottle you bought after you have diluted it. I admit there are times when the cleaner didn't work so well for me on certain things, but what is there you know of that's perfect?
I'm an ex-employee. I don't contact the company and they don't contact me. I recieve no benefit for defending it's product. I just know what it feels like to go door to door and have people think you're a con artist selling a bad product. It is a good cleaner.
I however can not defend salespeople who are lazy with customers and don't explain their demonstrations properly and are just there for the quick sale. Nor can I defend those who lie about cancellation periods or the length of cleanliness or any other thing for that matter. How long does it stay clean? Until it gets dirty. I feel the more you explain the less likely a customer will be dissatisfied. When I worked for the company, I had an extremely low cancellation rate.
Not all door to door salespeople are dishonest, just like not all cops are good cops. You have to take each one on an individual basis, but give each one a chance to prove him/herself, because the product is excellent all on it's own.

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC