Complaint Review: Y N S Subscriptions

• Updated: Thu, March 27, 2014

• Reported By: JLB — Phoenix Arizona
Y N S Subscriptions
PO Box 553 Glendale, Arizona USA

Y N S Subscriptions: Brother and sister duo (Girls name was Brooke) Y N S Subscriptions + ASU + Barnes & Noble Phoenix Arizona

I live in north central Phoenix, Az. A young brother/sister duo (girls name was Brooke) claiming to live in the area requested I help them with raising funds for a college based (ASU) trip to England by purchasing a magazine subscription for military troops. They claimed thier father is abroad with the military now and is in charge of picking out the magazine for troops if I didn't want to choose a magazine myself.

The company distrubuting the magazines to the troops was YNS Subscriptions which they claimed was a distribution company through Barnes & Noble bookstores. They were clean and curteous and were able to give me details about other family members too, their mom walks a german shepard, etc. I was in the middle of unpacking my car, working on the house, etc. when they approached me. They also said they would return over the weekend for anyone who wanted to get thier car washed for free in appreciation for helping their cause.

I gave them a check and then sent them on thier way to visit some of the neighbors. I haven't participated in anything like this in the past and decided once I was done with my work I would research the distrubuting company, ASU program, etc. and if need be just put a stop payment on my check. Once I researched I only found one complaint, but, it was with the same company with the same address so I figure it is a scam. I have placed a stop payment on my check, but that process is not cheap,

nor gaurnteed depending on how quickly the check is cashed (as I now know, a stop payment will not work if the check is presented for payment within the first 24 hours a stop payment is requested). So, lesson learned. If indeed it is a scam, they swindled me out of 1 hours worth of honest work (per what I make hourly at my job)- not bad for only a quarter of the time in front of my house. And if they don't receive the funds, my bank profits for almost the same amount of money to do the stop payment, OUCH. I could always ask for more details when they show up to wash my car, right? ; ) I won't hold my breath...

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/27/2014 03:42 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Y-N-S-Subscriptions/Glendale-Arizona-85311/Y-N-S-Subscriptions-Brother-and-sister-duo-Girls-name-was-Brooke-Y-N-S-Subscriptions--1134054. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Y N S Subscriptions