Complaint Review: Yahoo! Autos

• Updated: Sun, July 14, 2013

• Reported By: csesson — Chicago Hts Illinois
Yahoo! Autos
6501 W 2700 S Salt Lake City, Utah, Utah USA

Yahoo! Autos David SpencerDon BalfourAmanda Evans Car for Sale by Army girl, Pay through Yahoo, Ship to my house, All Done Salt Lake City, Utah

*General Comment: Here's Why!

*Consumer Comment: Always read the bold print

I was on craiglslist and I came over a 2002 Honda Accord. I was interested so I sent an email to the email address that was given to me. Approximately two days later I recieved a response from a woman by the name of Amanda Evans who said she was a sergeant in the military and she was being shipped back to Afghanistan and wanted to sell her car. In the email she included pictures and all the details of the car. She simply told me all I needed to do was send her my name, address, and phone number to get the sale started. Once I did that she told me her car would be held buy Yahoo! Autos and I would complete the transaction through them. One I completed the transaction of $1500.00 I recieved a call from a David Spencer confirming the payment process. The next day I recieved an email from Yahoo! Autos saying they would need an extra $1,000.00 for insurance reason and my payment would be reimbursed when the car was delivered. I told them that I refused to pay the extra $1,000.00, and when I started asking questions about the refund of my $1,500.00 that was promised; I got hung up on.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/14/2013 09:50 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Yahoo-Autos/Salt-Lake-City-Utah-Utah-84128/Yahoo-Autos-David-SpencerDon-BalfourAmanda-Evans-Car-for-Sale-by-Army-girl-Pay-through-1066907. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Yahoo! Autos

#1 General Comment

Here's Why!

AUTHOR: Jim - ()

As per P. T. Barnum..."A sucker is born every minute!"

Anybody who wants to buy a used car, sight unseen, needs to have their head examined!

Always read the bold print

AUTHOR: coast - ()

Why did you ignore the following fraud alerts posted on the craigslist website?

How to recognize a vehicle scam attempt on CL:

• Shipping a vehicle to you is suggested by seller -Offers to ship a vehicle are virtually 100% fraudulent
  • eBay Motors or another intermediary is specified by seller
  • Do not buy vehicles sight-unseen, regardless of low price. The vehicle does not exist, and any money you send will be lost.
  • Stories about divorcees or departing servicemen needing to sell quickly at a low price are generally fraudulent

Too bad.